It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

sspencervip HB User
Anyone break out on face after using products?

I have stopped using a certain product line that made me break out. Alot of Dr. D products, as I just now researched, are made for very very dry skin. Who are those people?? Maybe 1 out of 1000? Anyway I got cystic acne and I would like to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them and what did you do? I now will only use hypoallergenic products that won't clog pores and noncomedogenic also. Also, did it get worse before it got better?

Old 08-20-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

Sartorius HB User
Re: Anyone break out on face after using products?

i've broken out from many products. but you should read the package before you use/buy. it if was made for dry skin there is almost ALWAYS oil in it, which is always bad for acne. look for products that say oil-free, non-acnegenic, and non-comedogenic. harsh chemicals will make your skin red also

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Dear Sartorius: Please let me know what you did to cure your acne and how long did it take for you face to clear up after using those darn products. Also, what products do you recommend? Thank you!

Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
(female)

Sartorius HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspencervip
Dear Sartorius: Please let me know what you did to cure your acne and how long did it take for you face to clear up after using those darn products. Also, what products do you recommend? Thank you!
clean and clear medicated foaming cleanser (i think it's called) it's an orange gel in a bottle with a purple pump.

cetaphil oily skin cleanser (because i found the above^ drying, and it stung my sensitive skin)

i don't use a toner, i find that they actually make my skin more oily.

i don't use a moisterizer, because i have yet to find a good one that is oil free, but i do like jergens natural glow face, it is oil-free and slowly adds a hint of colour

clean and clear persa-gel 5 is good. its a spot treatment you apply after moisterizing and before makeup.

my skin is not clear, but it is much better. i am on prescription meds though, and have been on them for around 3 years.

good luck.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Well, thank God my skin is so much better. After 2 months of an acne ordeal I am improving everday. I have been cleansing my face and then applying Activclear. I wait 15 min. for product to absorb and then I moisterize. It doesn't take much product. The red spots are fading away finally and new pimples are small and I don't have to squeeze them. I recommend that everyone should be careful with what products they use. Try product in small area for maybe 3-5 days and find out what skin type you are. I wish everyone success for beautiful skin.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

BonnieBrownEyes HB User

I have had certain products and have been told to wash of with luke warm water and if it is red and sore use a cold compress. This is why you need to try products (if poss) before buying a range.

I have always suffered with Acne due to my oil skin and have tried many different ranges. A few months ago a came across the Biore Pore Perfect Range.

I use the Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser morning and night, I would recommend always using toner as it gets rid of any excess dirt or cleanser in your pores. I had the same problem with moisturiser-even when they said oil free my face would still shine! However the Biore Shine control moisturiser.

This has really cleared up my skin and the only time I have break outs is when I have been out and fail to cleanse, tone and moisturise before I go to bed! However I have bought the cleansing wipes for when you just cant be doing with it!!

If acne is really severe I would suggest going to doctors as they can presribe pills, creams etc that can really help.

BonnieBrownEyes

Old 10-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #7
(male)

afwezig HB User

Silkia Camila Oil. Don't believe in the hype on these forums. I'm pretty sure the people raving about it are part of some viral marketing scheme. Just look at their post history-- "blah blah silkia cured my cancer and gave me a radiant glow." I broke out nearly every time I used it, and it left me with these horrible little white dots (milia?) under my eyes and on my lips.

Last edited by afwezig; 10-03-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User

Yep, I agree. I have been using the Silkia Camillia oil for the last few months, and my skin has gotten progressively worse looking. I finally pitched the thing into the trash and went back to my old cream, which I loved anyway (Trienelle), and you have no idea how much prettier my skin looks now.
Same with that microdermabrasion stuff. Oh Lord. I tried using that for a couple of months too, and I finally pitched that right along with the oil. I went back to my tried-n-true Trienelle and once again, my skin looks great.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

I stopped worrying about trying different products and started washing my face only once a day, but washing it twice. 1st w/ clean and clear daily pore cleanser to clean the surface and then 2nd with proctive's cleanser for the benzoil peroxide to kill the bacteria and exfoliate a little more. I dont use the toner because it irritates my face. then I use the clearing lotion where the acne is mostly (bottom cheek and chin) and go over my face with a lighter moisture complex 15. My face is definately a lot better so far than it was going through the "which product to try next" frenzy.

Last edited by saphire82; 10-05-2006 at 07:58 AM.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwezig
Silkia Camila Oil. Don't believe in the hype on these forums. I'm pretty sure the people raving about it are part of some viral marketing scheme. Just look at their post history-- "blah blah silkia cured my cancer and gave me a radiant glow." I broke out nearly every time I used it, and it left me with these horrible little white dots (milia?) under my eyes and on my lips.
Thank you for that feedback. I've been thinking about this product ever since I saw all these wonderful comments about it. I almost even went as far as buying a bunch of those little bottles. It sounded like a miracle product... way too good to be true. Good thing I didn't waste money on it.
I definitely don't want to buy something that expensive if it could potentially ruin my skin.

Last edited by MoonLight0; 10-05-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #11
(female)

cb50 HB User

I don't think anyone should waste their money on this product (Silkia Camillia oil), and not because it's expensive because it isn't, but because it simply does not work. I too feel exactly like afwezig - a couple people here and there saying how much they like something would be convincing, but not as many as we see on here. According to ALLLLLL these people, it a 'miracle in a bottle'. Baloney. Nothing out there is gonna do what they say this little bottle of oil does, I'm sorry. There are many creams and products out there that will definitely help, or will certainly make your skin look better than it does, but remove wrinkles and scars??? I don't think so. If it was true, dermatologists all over the country would be snatching this stuff up left and right. I too foolishly bought a bottle awhile ago and like kellie, tossed it into the trash after just a couple of months - my skin looked horrible, and the oil never did 'soak in' as they say. Personally I think it would work better for frying chicken on the stove than slathering all over your face. What a gimmick. Now, I did decide to try the Trienelle awhile ago after seeing the name mentioned on here, and have to admit that this is by far one of the nicest creams I have ever used. How nice to finally find something that actually does what it says it will. You can only get it online but I'm not allowed to post it here. They used to have a woman's face on the first page, she was a real customer who did before and after pictures just so she could see for herself if it made a difference in her skin - which it certainly did - and she then sent these pictures to the company so they could see for themselves what it did for her, and they ended up using those pictures for awhile for their advertising. I personally love it.

Last edited by cb50; 10-05-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Closed Thread