It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User
Need Blackhead Help

Hi everyone, i'm young and I recently noticed blackheads on my nose. I take good care of my skin and have a daily regamin that was working well, but now I have these blackheads. I don't have any other acne problems or oily skin. What should I do? Thanks!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: Need Blackhead Help

Have you ever tried Biore's pore strips?? I really love those, and they do help a lot with blackheads. Also, you could try putting Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask on just your nose; I find that using that mask really helps with my blackheads or any enlarged pores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User

My mom has some pore strips, I think they're old though and honestly, they scare me!! lol I'm afraid they'd really hurt!
I do have the Mint Julep Masque, i'm going to use it tonight. I also bought a Neutrogena daily scrub that gets rid oof blackheads, I hope it works!!
Thanks for your help!

Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User

THE BLACKHEAD SCRUB IS GREAT!!! lol I used it tonight, and it didn't overdry, it smoothed and softened my skin, it's GLOWING, and best of all, it got rid of almost all my blackheads and the few left are a lot less noticable. It's called Neutrogena Blackhead Control Daily Scrub.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

The pore strips actually don't hurt, thankfully. They may sting when you start to peel them off, but if it hurts just dampen the strip with water.
That scrub sounds fantastic, I'll have to go try it!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User

Just wanted to say the blackhead scrub really helped, but I still have several stubborn ones that WON'T GO AWAY. lol More help anyone??

Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #7
(female)

BonnieBrownEyes HB User

This scrub sounds excellant! I have always had problems with blackheads and blemishes. I have oily skin which is also sensitive so its a nightmare!

However I have a two weekly regime which is proving quite sucessful. I steam my face, exfoliate and apply a face mask. I normally mix witch hazel, magnesium carbonate and kaolin powder and leave on my face for about 15 minutes. Then I would apply toner and an oil free moistoriser- and dont forget your decollegete!!

For some you could do this once a week but for me every 2 weeks is enough as otherwise my skin produces even more oil!

Good luck!

BonnieBrownEyes

Last edited by BonnieBrownEyes; 09-20-2006 at 08:41 AM.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

poppyblossom HB User

hi biore, yes doing a scrub thoroughly once per week would be enough for u if u tend to have oily skin, as more often will produce more oil.

The reason a scrub works is because it removes the dead skin cells, which if they arent removed they then block the body's natural oil from being released and hence they block the pores which turn into either spots, blackheads or white heads.

so its good for ur skin to be free to distribute its own oils without anything in its path, u get it?

scrubbing your face and doin a facial steam is really good but remember if ur skin is oily then only once per week, 2 max.

do u use face mask weekly?? a dont really believe in these strips that are used as they are not getting to the bottom of the problem.

drink plenty of water, we are ment to drink 2litres of water per day, much do u drink?

Healthy eating like fruit and veg is very important for ur skin in general, so make sure u have plenty in ur diet.

poppy

Old 09-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
(female)

pweaverling HB User

Black/White soap removes blackheads and shrinks pores. Epsal ointment when you put on at night, you will wake in the morning with fewer blackheads. Consistenly used they will be resolved. The problem comes when using makeup that fills up the pores again.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 PM   #10
(female)

Melissa1983 HB User

Biore - I was in the same boat 3 years ago.. rarely broke out in pimples on my face, it was like every blackhead and their best friends were moving onto my nose! My secret (the involve the strips, though, but it works like a CHARM) is to hold your face over a large bowl of super hot water.. or fill the sink with the hottest water possible. Have a strip ready next to the bowl or sink. With your head covered, lean over the sink/bowl and go as close to the waters surface as possible (This means that your nose is getting the hottest steam). This will open all pores on the nose. I usually lean over the bowl/sink for about 1-2 minutes.. it'll get hot, but its worth it. Then, as quick as possible place the strip on your nose. this will mean that the sticky surface is now stuck to anything that would be in your open pores (the little black nasty guys). Keep on for 5ish minutes, and pull one swift motion..

Ive done this once every two months now (or whenever I see a few black stubborn ones that wont go away)

Hope it helps!!
Melissa

Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #11

ocurt HB User

I've been using the biore warming anti-blackhead cream cleanser... i can definitely see a difference! i would like to try something else too.... where can i find those blackhead strips?

Old 10-05-2006, 02:38 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocurt
I've been using the biore warming anti-blackhead cream cleanser... i can definitely see a difference! i would like to try something else too.... where can i find those blackhead strips?
Biore makes blackhead strips as well, just go to the Biore section in the drugstore. Wal-Mart is the cheapest place to get them.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #13

ocurt HB User

thanx !

Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #14
(female)

lady66 HB User

I have tried everything out there and the ONLY thing that worked for me was a tool I purchased offline called a blackhead extractor.

Closed Thread