It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

BeautyISwallow HB User
Hair Extensions: What's better...Real or extension hair?

Do they look too fake? What's better...Real or extension hair? What do guys think about them? Are they worth the money??

Lets get some input!

Last edited by moderator2; 09-12-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
Re: Hair Extensions: What's better...Real or extension hair?

DEFINATELY REAL HUMAN HAIR!!!! Dont go with the synthetic hair..........it's like doll hair! There are good and bad things about hair extensions! There are sooo many kinds and make sure you do ALOT of research on the type you want to get! Dont just go with anyone that does extensions! Make sure that they have done quite a few clients, and i would not recommend you get them if you have really really fine hair! My experience is a horrible one! I got the weft type extensions...........the hair is gorgeous! I planned on having them OHHHHH 6 months at the most, and it's now been 18 months! I am blonde with extremely fine hair! Each month i get them redone! Unfortunately the 2 people i went to didnt have alot of experinece. Anywayz......to make a long story short i have lost sooooo much of my own hair that i barely have any natural hair left! This has been very very tramatic....and i dont know when i will be able to take them out and deal! I have also heard horror stories about Great Lengths............cost about $1500 and your natural hair can either break off..........or dreadlock! It only lasts 3 months and then you pay another $1500! My hair lasts 4-6 months and each month i have them redone at $100. On the flip side (dont want to be totally negative) BUT.............IF you have thick hair then you may not have any problems! And some people dont have the problems that i have had! I will say it is alot of fun...............i not only did it for length............but i wanted a full head of hair! If you decide to get them make sure you get real human hair!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Has anyone tried the Hair U Wear extensions that you put in yourself? I saw a set for $60 (VERY affordable) and would love to try them out for fun. They just clip in and supposedly take about 15 minutes to put in and you take them out at the end of the day.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

I have heard wonderful things about the clip in extensions.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy-duke77
I have heard wonderful things about the clip in extensions.
That's great to hear! I'm actually kind of looking for something fun to do.. not to have them forever or anything. Just something for a new look. I would probably buy the straight ones since I straighten my hair more. I'm guessing you can't style them if it's not real human hair. The ones I saw looked decent though and could pass for real. I may look into those sometime!

Old 09-16-2006, 03:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

They have real human hair clip on hair extensions.............and they arent real expensive. If you wanted to style them and match your natural to a tee.......then i would consider those. The synthetic hair is ok..........if just used as the clip on's.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy-duke77
They have real human hair clip on hair extensions.............and they arent real expensive. If you wanted to style them and match your natural to a tee.......then i would consider those. The synthetic hair is ok..........if just used as the clip on's.
About how much do those cost that you are talking about? And what is the brand? I would definitely get the real hair if I had the choice, but I actually color my hair a lot so I don't want to spend a lot on them in case my color changes. I always saw extensions for hundreds or thousands so $60 was a good price to me and even if I DID dye my hair, it would be worth it for the time I had them.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Sally's Beauty Supply has them and VERY reasonably priced. There are places online...........but you cant see/touch them 1st so you dont know what your getting. I have the TRessallure hair ectensions and they are real human hair...........you can order the clip on as well. I heard that some new hair extensions (clip on) is coming out with a line from Jessica Simpson.......probably very expensive though............since they are a name brand..............and supposidly it is what she wears!

Old 09-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh yeah I should definitely go look at Sally's. I want to see them in person first because I don't know what color to get. I think I need to redye my hair first though.

Yeah I'm sure the Jessica Simpson ones are pretty good.. haven't heard about the prices yet.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:16 AM   #10
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa
Has anyone tried the Hair U Wear extensions that you put in yourself? I saw a set for $60 (VERY affordable) and would love to try them out for fun. They just clip in and supposedly take about 15 minutes to put in and you take them out at the end of the day.
I had to wear one of those for competitive cheerleading a few years ago. My hair had to be pulled back so tight and then it had to be pinned with SOO many bobby pins. It hurt so bad I think I actually cried a few times. LOL I don't reccomend it, but the ponytail Hair U Wear's I think would be perfectly fine.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biore*Baby
I had to wear one of those for competitive cheerleading a few years ago. My hair had to be pulled back so tight and then it had to be pinned with SOO many bobby pins. It hurt so bad I think I actually cried a few times. LOL I don't reccomend it, but the ponytail Hair U Wear's I think would be perfectly fine.
Ouch!! That doesn't sound so great. The one I saw didn't look like anything needed to be pulled back.. but I'll DEFINITELY make sure I won't have to be in pain if I buy one. Thanks!

Old 09-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey ladies.. I went to Sally's today and checked out the extensions. I saw 2 main kinds of human hair extensions for VERY reasonable prices. I think one was around $60 and the other was $80 for sets. The $80 one didn't come with clips though, so those would be bought separately (they are cheap) but I looked at the open samples and they were sooo soft! Definitely looked like a good deal and good quality. They look easy to use and they have information brochures there that explain it all. I hope to get some soon!

Closed Thread