It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
Re: Permanent Eyeliner???

About the pain.....what do they use for it?? I asked a woman once & she said she used nothing,,just to take 2 tyl#3 before the procedure,,,Ive heard it is painful (eyelids) this is why i dont think i will do it,,but also afraid of looking too "obvious"

Old 05-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

You are getting a tattoo. They use the same kind of needle machine that they use for a tattoo. Make sure you go to someone who has references before you have it done. That way you can see their work before you get it done.
Yes it is going to hurt. You are putting ink under your skin with needles. If you take care after, you shouldn't have any infection.
I would love to have mine done, but haven't found anyone in my area that does it yet.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I heard there is some kind of numbing gel they can use.. but a lot of people seem to have used nothing and dealt with the pain. I posted about this another time on here, and other posters said they used the numbing gel and it didn't hurt, but they COULD feel it.. just like a tickling feeling.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Sick@Heart HB User

My cousin had her lips done. It looked okay until she got older. Now, the tatooed line is higher than her natural lip line. As we age, our lips get thinner....but the liner doesn't cooperate at all. She looks, well, like she's been around the block a few million times!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #5
(female)

SweetPuff HB User

My mother had hers done b/c she wore her liner the same way for over 20 years. She did have to get it touched up a few or more years later, but it has always looked good. As mommabee said, do your research and find a qualified tatoo artist that is clean, talented, etc... and one that has done the procedure many MANY times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think lining the lips is a bit overboard, but to each their own.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #6
(female)

marissamm HB User

i have both my lips and eyes done, it cost 700.00 for both my eyeliner is blue at my request, i like it, she used a numbing cream on both eyes and lips and it didn't hurt.its been a year and it still looks good, i have a regular arm band tattoo and it has n't faded yet i had that for several years.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
(female)

marissamm HB User

ps. it took 2 hours for eyes upper and lower and lips liner and color.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

If the artist uses cosmetic grade dyes, the colors won't change. They may fade after 6 or 7 years, but the colors will only change if the artist uses regular body ink. Never put that on your face.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:22 AM   #9
(female)

FusionAmber HB User

The colors do fade over time, no matter what. Most people need a touch up every 2-3 years to keep the color looking crisp. UV light is what fades the tattoo.. UV can come from the sun, tanning beds, your car window, even fluorescent lighting has UV in it. So unless you live in a cave your tattoo is going to fade some.

Every good permanent makeup artist should use some sort of numbing cream before the procedure!

Old 08-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #10
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Has anyone tried just a permant sharpie marker? I'm sure it would fade after a few days, but then youd just re apply it? Any thoughts? -----Moon

Old 09-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

I just checked the sharpie marker. They are non-toxic inks.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #12
(female)

daldridge HB User

I had mine done three years ago & now it has all faded off. I also got an infection that I thought would never go away, lasted at least a month. I loved how it looked, just wish it had lasted longer. Would like to do it again! In spite of the infection before. You can go out without liner or mascara and still look great.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:59 AM   #13
(female)

m1e1b1s1 HB User
Re: Permanent Eyeliner? About the pain.....what do they use for it??

Make SURE it is something you want FOREVER...

They are tattoo's...

My sister did it and wishes she never had...one goof and it's over....she had a professional who did it for years, and she messed her lips up....forever....

Personally, I'd never let anyone get near my eyes with a needle :-) Only my 2 cents though...for the 1 min it takes to put it on during the day, it's fine with me! There are times I don't need it and it's not there...once you do it, you've got it forever.

Just make sure you really, really, really, really want it....I'll be interested to see how my sister looks in 20 years.....

Old 09-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1e1b1s1
Make SURE it is something you want FOREVER...

They are tattoo's...

My sister did it and wishes she never had...one goof and it's over....she had a professional who did it for years, and she messed her lips up....forever....

Personally, I'd never let anyone get near my eyes with a needle :-) Only my 2 cents though...for the 1 min it takes to put it on during the day, it's fine with me! There are times I don't need it and it's not there...once you do it, you've got it forever.

Just make sure you really, really, really, really want it....I'll be interested to see how my sister looks in 20 years.....
Please tell you sister that there are artists who can do good repair work. And, it's not how many years one has been doing it that counts, after all they might only do 3 or 4 or 15 a year. It's how many procedures the artist has performed. Also, look at the portfolio.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Sorry.. this is a double post and I couldn't get it to delete.. see my next message.

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 09-26-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Closed Thread