It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
(female)

krs2086 HB User
Red face Body lotion that helps skin tone?????

Here lately I have noticed that my skin doesn't have an even skin tone and I have red bumps on my legs all the time and I can never get rid of them, If anyone knows of a really good lotion that will help the problem without just covering it up would be great.

I know they have out the ones that help build skin color, I just don't have good luck those, I thinkn Avon put one out doing the summer it is a skin so soft just one of the top of my head, Anyways I tryed those and I did not see any results so if anyone knows of something please share with me.

Thanks so much!!!!

Last edited by krs2086; 10-24-2006 at 03:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: Body lotion that helps skin tone?????

I just bought Vaseline Healthy Body complexion....I'm hoping for good results. If I notice any I'll let you know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

Would love to hear about any good toning lotion myself. To the OP, you might want to try one of those spin brush things. They come with massage heads which might help with the toning and exfoliating heads which might help with the bumps.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Inactive

lindamh HB User

Are the red bumps razor rash? Because I can never put any kind of lotion on my legs within a couple of hours after shaving without getting covered in red bumps. Which was a nuisance because I have dry, hairy legs. I need to shave in the morning if I plan for my legs to be smooth all day, but then I have to leave the house without having moisturized.

Until I discovered jojoba oil, which I can apply immediately after showering without a problem. I imagine other oils would do as well, such as olive oil. I've used camellia oil too, but that's expensive.

Years ago, I tried the shaving with baby oil trick, but that made me get pimples on my legs. Also, shaving with oil dulls the blade somehow.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I want to buy that Spin Spa Brush thing! It looks pretty cool.

I would recommend maybe one of those lotions with just a tad of shimmer in them. It could help smooth out any "flaws" without using the sunless tanner. The light reflecting shimmer helps make skin look flawless and really nice. I tried one by Nivea but I know a lot of brands out there make them.

If the red bumps on your legs aren't from razor burn, they might just be that the hair follicles are larger. My skin is naturally fair and unfortunately I have dark leg hair, so even after I shave I can see my pores and little spots (kind of pinkish) where they come from. When I get more color in my skin this does not happen. To me it's worth to use a self tanner to get rid of this since I'm self conscious about it and I love to wear miniskirts.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 AM   #6
(female)

krs2086 HB User

tUrRrRa I think I have the same problem as you, I have very far skin as well, what self tanner do you have good results with? I haven't used one for a long time and had bad results so I have stayed away I know they are a lot better now but there are so many I have no idea where to start.

also where do you buy jojoba oil at? I am having no luck at finding it, I find good reviews on it all the time online but can't find anywhere.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited by krs2086; 10-25-2006 at 12:50 AM.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
Inactive

lindamh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs2086
also where do you buy jojoba oil at? I am having no luck at finding it, I find good reviews on it all the time online but can't find anywhere.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Whole Foods supermarket and probably most health food stores.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:49 AM   #8
(female)

akazie HB User

I don't know of a lotion but I use emu oil over my whole body and it has even up the tone of my skin, made my skin feel firmer, faded the appearance of my stretch marks and much more. You should try it because it should also help with the red bumps on your legs, amazing stuff.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #9
(female)

kelly22 HB User

hi,
have you tried sesame oil, it does not block the pores and was used for 1000s of years to tone and cleanse the skin. it is not the kind though in the food stores, must be refined. i have a lotion that has some in, it is not heavy. it is by darshan beauty.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
(female)

chocolat chip HB User

Ihave the same prob with red dots on legs and arms, i've found the only thing that keeps them away is exfoliating daily, I do this in the shower with a mean loofah or something similar, anything soft doesn't seem to work, and a decent fake an helps to finish em off and hides bumps when I miss a day or so,..

Closed Thread