It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User
SUNSILK ruined my hair!!!!!!!

I'm infuriated!!!

I got free samples of Sunsilk Anti-FLAT shampoo, conditioner and voulmizing leave-in conditioner or whatever. My hair feels awful and It's never been as flat as it is right now. I'm really upset. My hair was healthy and now it's ruined.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:02 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
(female)

Biore*Baby HB User
Re: SUNSILK ruined my hair!!!!!!!

Wow, really sorry about you hair. I hope it gets better! You should go to the girl (or guy) that cuts your hair and ask for help.
I almost tried this stuff, but the annoying commericals drove me away. Thank you for warning us all!!!!

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Thanks. Yeah, I think I will. Tomorrow I'm going to condition my hair like it's never been conditioned before.

You're welcome.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-07-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

You know those annoying commercials that say "Get Hairipy"? Well I need 'hairipy' now that I've used the product.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:06 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
(female)

sw3006 HB User

Sorry for your hair!

I LOVE THE STUFF! My hair has never looked better! I also got samples of the anti-flat, then went out and bought the bottles. AWESOME STUFF!

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Aquaticgirl HB User

Haha wierd.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:08 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

I love this product too.I tried samples of the anti-poof and bought it as well after that.I've never had a shampoo or conditioner de-poof my hair in my life.I did notice that the samples worked a little better than the full product for some reason.Seems like samples always do that like they're a higher concentration or something.Maybe the sample was just too much for your hair.I really recommend trying a sample before buying anything now days.It's so convenient to find out if you like something or not.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-07-2006 at 09:09 PM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-08-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

I got a sample of the Hydration (or whatever it's called - the pink one) in the mail not long ago, tried it and it worked wonderful with my hair. In fact it worked better than salon shampoos that I've used. It was very surprised, but I know I'm not going to start buying it since that always happens with cheaper shampoos. The first couple of times I use them they work GREAT, but over time they ruin my hair a whole lot and dry it out severely.

It really depends on your hair type and whether or not something will work for you.

Last edited by mod-anon; 11-08-2006 at 07:20 AM. Reason: changed title of post

Old 11-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

I would say that if you go back to using your old products then your hair will back to normal....I can't see that using a shampoo and conditioner could permanently ruin your hair. It probably just doesn't work for you. Maybe use a clarifying shampoo to get the stuff off your hair.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I would hope that switching products should save your hair! I have never used a shampoo or conditioner that permanently ruined my hair.. just from bleaching or something of the sort.. so I'm sure if you give your hair some extra TLC it will be back to normal in no time!

This just shows you how one product can be REALLY different for other people. I tried the moisturizing one I believe and liked it okay, but the leave in stuff made my hair feel like there was residue in it.. which I didn't like. I use Loreal Vive Pro for colored, dry hair and it's really moisturizing and smells good and works well.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lady346 HB User

I agree, when you switch products it should revert back to its old self. THe same thing happens to me when I use Garnier Fructis shampoo (which I used today). I have it lying around my bathroom which is great when i run out of shampoo unexpectedly...but everytime I use it, my hair looks oily, flat, and just not like its usual appearance. Its only like that in the roots though, everywhere else looks fine. I think it just doesnt work well with me as far as cleaning my hair where it needs it, or maybe it leaves too much build-up and doesnt rinse thoroughly. Who knows.
Try something else, I'm sure you dont have permanate damage from the stuff you used.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

^^I think Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine works well for damaged or dry hair.. but yeah I think it's a little too moisturizing for normal hair and can definitely make your roots look oily!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

Garnier Fructis works well for dry hair innitially, but over time it creates A LOT of damage. I used to adore that shampoo and used the whole Sleek & Shine system (shampoo, conditioner, smoothing milk, leave-in conditioner, 3 minute mask, serum, everything)... and after maybe 6 months of so I started seeing soooo mcuh damage, so I quit using it and now my hair isn't as bad and I don't see as many split ends every week.

It really depends on hair type though. Everything doesn't work the same for everyone.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

wow, i am waiting for my samples to come in the mail, hopefully it will work well for my hair. i hope you are able to get your hair back to normal quickly! good luck

Old 11-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

How do you get samples?

Closed Thread