It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

NYLady1976 HB User
Eyeliner that doesn't run--

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend an eyeliner that won't leave me with racoon circles?? I have a vanity drawer full of eyeliners, probably every one out there, and they all run. They say, waterproof, won't run, and I still have to do Q-Tip patrol all day.

Now my make-up routine is, some eyeliner on my upper and lower lids, under my eyelashes. I do not line the inside of my eye lid. Mascara, and some lipstick. Very simple, just something to make me look like I have eyes. I am blonde, green eyes with a fair complexion. I don't use foundation, never have, so it's not the cause of the so called smears. I do use a light dusting of pressed powder over my eyes before and after I apply the mascara and eyeliner. It isn't the mascara that is running, I have just worn that, and all was well.

Now I don't moisturize around my eyes in the morning, only at night. And still, racoon eyes.

I am 36 and still searching for that eyeliner that keeps it's promise of not running.

Thank all so much in advance.

Last edited by NYLady1976; 11-10-2006 at 09:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

Texanne HB User
Re: Eyeliner that doesn't run--

NYLady,

I got on here this morning looking for eyeliner tips. I'm blonde/green and I love eyeliner. I do love to line the inside of my eyes, but ANY pencil ends up giving me racoon eyes. It didn't when I was a teen and I don't understand why. (I'm early 40's now). We used to take a black Maybelline eyebrow pencil and hold over a heat source until it was just soft to line our eyes. Eyeliner pencil was a rarity then, so we made our own! I wouldn't even mind it smudging if it did so artfully!

That said, I have been on the hunt for the perfect waterproof eyeliner pencil for years and still haven't found it. The best pencil I've used is Revlon Colorstay.

If I want to wear eyeliner all day (I'm a HS teacher) I use Maybelline ULTRA LINER in Taupe. It is liquid with a brush and takes a bit of practice, but I've used it for years when I really wanted to make sure that my makeup stayed on without fail. I really even preferred the non-waterproof formula, but they don't make it anymore. They changed the formula recently, and I like it better, but it doesn't seem to be quite as waterproof. The taupe is really a medium brown, and is not as harsh as black or dark brown. You can take a bit of dark eyeshadow and blend around it and it looks softer. It's about $7 and you can get it even at the grocery store. I try every kind, but I always keep this around.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Texanne; 11-11-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Try using eye shadow to line with instead. I use a chocolate shadow put on with a flat eyeliner brush.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
(female)

euglena HB User

I totally sympathise

I have the Lancome waterproof eyeliner and it's grainy AND it smudges
I lucked out this time with Lise Watier waterproof and it's better
not perfect but much better

Old 11-12-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
(female)

ricenbeanz HB User

I just had to go and look to see what I use, lol. I don't wear much makeup but I do use mascara and a little eyeliner. Clinique Quick Eyes is what I have and it does last me all day at work.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

Pump up semi permanent eyeliner. It stays EXACTLY where you put it, until you wash it off. Comes off clean. Comes in pen form so it's a breeze to put on.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
(female)

NYLady1976 HB User

Thanks everyone, I love the suggestions.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #8
(female)

AZ Mary Jane HB User

I always had "racoon eyes," even with waterproof eyeliner. I discovered She Laq by Benefit Cosmetics, and I swear I'll NEVER go without it. It's a liquid you apply with a brush over your eyeliner and mascara, and it seals it. It really really really works!

Closed Thread