It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 06:12 AM   #1
(female)

satine HB User
nude lipgloss/lipstick

I've been looking for the perfect nude lipgloss but with no success. I have bright red lips (which I absolutely hate) and its hard to find a nude lipgloss or even a lipstick that would cover it up. I also have trouble deciding which color would suit me best. The last nude lipstick I got had a some orange in it and it looked horrible. I have fair pale skin so I don't think a nude color with orange looks good on me. I don't really like lipstick, I prefer lipgloss or even a lipstain but I don't know if there is any out there that would give me that perfect nude look I see on models in fashion magazine ads but if anyone can help me find it I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Re: nude lipgloss/lipstick

I too have been trying to find the perfect color for that nude look, but havent really had too much success. Just try to find a neutral color because what I do it lighten it up myself with concealor. What I do with if it seems too dark for my pale complexion or I just want to lighten it up, I dab creme or lipstick tube concealor over it so it kindof highlights the center of my lips more at the same time lightening it up and giving depth (plump). I think this is better than if you used lipliner under an already light colored lipstick because once you blend it, it makes the lipstick look darker. Then I use any light lipgloss over it to get a shine. Hope this helps

Last edited by saphire82; 11-11-2006 at 08:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Isis498 HB User

I wasted more money than I care to remember trying to find the same thing. Drives me crazy. I hate the ones that look great in the tube then look glittery when you get them on, or darker.
I have found that if I put foundation on my lips when I do my face it give my lipstick a true color like the tube, but that's impractical to do later in the day!

The matte ones do not look right either, they look pasty, but some of the glosses look too shiney. I've almost given up. I read somewhere that MAC has those Nude shades that are really good.

I did find one a few years ago I LOVED by Avon of all things, but they discontinued it! It was great, color was called "Shell" It was not glittery, not pasty, not too shiny, it was perfect, just moist. Long lasting. beautiful neutral color.

Last edited by Isis498; 11-13-2006 at 10:03 AM.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Another tip is that if you tried this added too much concealor and it just looks too light or sickly looking, then try adding a little lip liner around the edges, but lightly and make sure to blend it. Or blot and add some more of the color.

Closed Thread