It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

katidid95 HB User
Acrylic Nail Tips

Does anyone have experience with nail tips? I've never done any type of acrylic nail and I've know 2 people who had problems with long term wear. I was wondering if just doing tips might not be as hard on your real nails. I have very weak nails that split and break all the time - it's hard to have nice looking nails! I wash my hands a lot, but try to wear gloves to protect my nails when cleaning, washing dishes, etc.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Acrylic Nail Tips

When I get my nails done, they have to add on the tip since mine don't grow perfectly when they are long, so I keep them on the shorter side. They glue on the plastic nail tip and then put the gel nail formula over the whole thing, buff it down, etc. I'm not sure what you mean by nail "tips" but if you were to put the acrylic only on the tip of the nail, it would be thicker on the bottom half. When I hear most people say "tips" they just mean that they get the nail tip glued on, then get acrylic or whatever else it is, put over the whole thing. Most girls I know don't grow their nails out long enough as they want their fake nails to be.

I get my nails done every now and then.. only got acrylic once but liked solar nails better so I've been getting that done. I have not had any long term problems. I usually take them off myself and pick them off, so my nails do get damaged from doing this. I paint them with nail strengtheners to harden them after getting the nails off. My nails grow pretty quick.. then they are back to normal. So for 2-3 weeks I might have some problems with the end half of my nails, but it goes back to normal. I'm sure if I soaked them off or just got fills every time it would be better for my nails.. I just got lazy and wanted them off quickly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Acrylic Nail Tips

You could try silk wraps if you don't want to do acrylic. I have some of both and have had no problems with either...going on 8-10 years now.

Closed Thread