It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
ugh-upper lip hair

I am 29 with some upper lip hair. It isn't horribly noticeable-I see it more than anyone else of course, but I have been tanning and it seems darker-probably bc the sun isn't actually bleaching the hair since all is indoor right now. Should I just go ahead and bleach it or actually remove the hair????? I know that I run the risk of making it grow back oddly, but not sure. I have removed it before so n ot sure it would really make a difference. What do you all suggest?????

Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
(female)

satine HB User
Re: ugh-upper lip hair

I would go with waxing it off. I think you're better off with doing that and plus, the hair grows back thinner and finer. If you keep up with doing that then it starts taking longer and longer to grow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
(female)

athena123 HB User

Is there any kind of wax that's better for the facial area opposed to wax treatment for legs?

Thanks,

Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

monim361 HB User

I use Nair on mine like every two weeks.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

I have found that waxing is the only thing that works for me. I have it professionally done with my eyebrows around every 3 weeks.

ICC

Old 03-31-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

great suggestion-I spent a week in Florida and it didn't bleach as I'd hoped, SO, shall remove it tomorrow. THink I should wax versus using a lotion remover?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

I can't use Nair. I get horrible bumps and then break out. I've been shaving my whole face including my forehead daily for over 15 years. It only takes about 3 min.

Jenteal

Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User

Definitely don't shave it...one of my friends did and it grows back THICK daily.

I use Nair, it works great on me.

I recommend waxing though, too, if you haven't done anything to it yet. The only reason I keep using the lotion is because it grows in really fine and sporadically (and only like once a month or every other month!!!) so waxing just doesn't seem worth it. But waxing is really great for removing unwanted hair and you don't have to worry about getting a bad reactiong to a lotion (like Jenteal mentioned...another friend of mine got burned from it).

Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

What's the best stuff in the drug store for wax removal? I tried it once and it mostly ripped at my skin instead of taking the hair off. So I had red blotchy skin with tears in it and facial hair not a good look..lol.

I shave with one of those little finishing touch shavers but it does not get very close and leaves stubble. It is peach fuzz I have but it's quite thick peach fuz.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
(female)

lizzylu HB User

I used to wax my upper lip area for years but it made me break out every time and now I have old acne marks that take forever to fade, it' horrible. I just started using the Nair moisturizing cream hair remover for the face, it works great and doesn't irritate at all and my skin is looking much better.
That's my experience. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

How long do you leave the nair on? I have tried nair on my legs before and it did not remove the hair at all. Maybe the hair is too course on my legs.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User

I leave it on for 5 minutes, give or take... (because I'm not exactly staring at the clock), but definitely no longer than 10 minutes, which it says (because it'll burn). I have REALLY sensitive skin, and it'll be red directly after.

If you wax, get it waxed at a salon. I wouldn't trust myself with hot wax, haha, it takes only a few minutes, and is under $10.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I used Nair spec. for the lip and it worked GREAT. No rash, no pimples nada. It feels funny, but it always does.
The Nair and all other creams don't work on my legs either. I guess mine is too coarse as well? I Have a history of breaking out into little bumps all over that itch so badly! One time I thought I was going to die, looked like a million little bugbites and felt just about the same too!

Closed Thread