It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

tippscandysmom HB User
Mascara clumps

I've tried so many different brands of mascara and have yet to find one that does what it says! They claim NO CLUMPS but they always do.Has anyone found a brand that really is no clumps?
Thanks,
Annie

Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Mascara clumps

Have you tried any of the mascaras that have those spikey looking brushes? If those still didn't work for you.. you might want to try what I do sometimes. I buy spare mascara wants (you can find them near makeup brushes) and comb through my lashes after putting on mascara to get any leftover clumps out. Just make sure to do this before it dries or it can make it flake. I have a mascara wand from one of those tubes with the spikey brush that I cleaned and kept after finishing the mascara and it works great for touching up my lashes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Try Maybelline Great Lash, it doesn't clump at all...in fact it takes a couple coats of mascara to get thick lashes.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #4
(female)

tippscandysmom HB User

Thanks for the help!
Annie

Old 04-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsgoin View Post
Try Maybelline Great Lash, it doesn't clump at all...in fact it takes a couple coats of mascara to get thick lashes.
It's amazing how the same mascara can be judged so differently by different people. I have tried Great Lash on a couple occasions and found it to be absolutely the worst mascara I have ever used. All it did was clump, right from the start. I have long eyelashes and use mascara for just a bit of emphasis (and mostly out of habit) but this mascara failed in every way.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Great Lash clumped for me as well. Try Covergirl's Lash Exact, that worked well and has one of those new spiky brushes.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
(female)

Bluesy HB User

I use Mary Kay mascara so you'll have to look for a rep in your area. But sometimes I use Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara and it works great as well. I use the Mary Kay more though because it's water proof.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Oddly enough, Great Lash doesn't work at all for me either! Seems like some people love it and others definitely don't. It made mine clumpy and kind of sticking together and didn't give them enough length or volume. It was too natural yet they stuck together.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
(female)

jimmielegs HB User

This is funny because I have been using Great Lash by Mabelline for about a year. I love it (with one exception, which I'll talk about in a minute...). The price is certainly good: US5.00 - and I often find a two-for-one special so I stock up when I can.

I throw away my mascara every three months and open a new tube. I can't remember who told me, but the way I understand it is your eyes are kinda "germy" and germs can build up and grow in that little mascara tube. So...toss it after three months. If you buy Great Lash, the cost is about $10 a YEAR if you can find the two-for-one specials.

As to the one thing I don't like: it's that the non-waterproof mascara smudges my brow bone by the end of the day. I have long lashes and they touch my brow bone throughout the day, thus the smudge. Of course, that's easily handled by gently removing it with a q-tip.

To the original question: Great Lash doesn't clump for me.

Last edited by jimmielegs; 04-25-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #10
(female)

Blondbones HB User

Have you ever considered getting your eyelashes tinted?
I had it done once and it worked great.
Hope this is helpful for you.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
(female)

Bluesy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondbones View Post
Have you ever considered getting your eyelashes tinted?
I had it done once and it worked great.
Hope this is helpful for you.

Tinted? I've never heard of it. What's the process?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
(female)

foxydolls1 HB User
Question Re: Mascara clumps

which one has the spikey brush? thank you

Old 05-09-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

In my opinion, all mascara clumps. I don't care what they advertise. My solution is to wipe some of the mascara off before using and I do this for a month or so, depending on how often I use it (actually months for me because I only use it occasionally). This will absolutely do the trick. You may have less mascera overall, but negligible and it's cheap anyway.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #14
(female)

Trish17 HB User

This sounds ridiculous, but it works. I was putting mascara on the other day, and when I opened the tube it looked clumped on the brush. Since I didn't have a new tube, I put a drop of water on the brush and then ran in through the tube a few times, hoping to thin it . I put it on my lashes--and it looked so good! It took longer to dry, but I was able to brush my lashes quite a few times to get dark color, without looking clumped and over-loaded. I will continue this!

Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

putting water in your mascara can cause bacteria.

Closed Thread