It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 AM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User
Fine hair removal - under eyes?

I'm looking for something to remove some fine hairs under my eyes. Suggestions?

I'm wondering what would be a good depilatory cream to use?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 AM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User
Re: Fine hair removal - under eyes?

Top of the cheek bone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 PM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

They are very light colored.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:44 PM  
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I shave that as well every day with the rest of my face including my forehead. Have been for over 15 years. Noxzema and a Mach III. Don't press hard. Actually for your first time shaving that area use a dull razor until you get use to the angel that your hair grows in. Takes me all of about 3 min a day.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:58 PM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Can you name a GOOD depilatory cream? I would be careful.

I think the hairs are going to be too light for a laser to be very effective on them.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM  
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

Don't most men just shave that hair?

They make depilatory for the face...just make sure you try it in a test spot first. But if I were you I would simply shave it...I don't think it's that uncommon for men to have hair on their cheeks. If you don't already use an electric shaver, I'd suggest you try using electric. Both my Ex husband and my new husband use those shavers that have the three circular razors and they really do work great!!!!! You really do get a very close shave...my EX had an extremely heavy beard and it was as close as a blade and much much easier to use!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 AM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILYF View Post
Don't most men just shave that hair?

They make depilatory for the face...just make sure you try it in a test spot first. But if I were you I would simply shave it...I don't think it's that uncommon for men to have hair on their cheeks. If you don't already use an electric shaver, I'd suggest you try using electric. Both my Ex husband and my new husband use those shavers that have the three circular razors and they really do work great!!!!! You really do get a very close shave...my EX had an extremely heavy beard and it was as close as a blade and much much easier to use!
The hairs are very fine, and shaving them will cause them to grow in thicker, probably darker. I already have to shave more area than just my face (my neck too) and I really hate the idea of increasing the area.

When I have the money, I want to laser my entire neck area! But that's another topic.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:57 PM  
(female)

dceptiveophelia HB User

When I had my eyebrows threaded, the technician went ahead and did the threading to my whole face, including the fine hairs under my eyes. It hurts alot, but worked well. You might want to consider that.

Old 05-05-2007, 05:07 AM  
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

EDC, shaving WILL NOT.....I repeat WILL NOT make hair grow thicker and darker. That is a stupid wive's tale!!!! How in the world could a razer cutting off hairs affect the hair follicle underneath your skin surface in any way, shape or form? If shaving made hair come in thick, it would be a treatment for baldness!!!!!

Threading(a metal spring device that pulls out the hair) or waxing could be an option but I'd suggest having it done in the salon. It will eventually decrease the amount of hairs that grow back because pulling the hairs over and over eventually kills hair follicles.

Last edited by ILYF; 05-05-2007 at 05:10 AM.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:40 AM  
Senior Veteran
(male)

EDC_Light HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILYF
EDC, shaving WILL NOT.....I repeat WILL NOT make hair grow thicker and darker. That is a stupid wive's tale!!!! How in the world could a razer cutting off hairs affect the hair follicle underneath your skin surface in any way, shape or form? If shaving made hair come in thick, it would be a treatment for baldness!!!!!
It is true! Kramer said so on Seinfeld!! Jerry was shaving his chest because a girl he was dating liked hairless men. Kramer was telling Jerry that he used to shave when he was a life guard, and showed the results to Jerry who was shocked!!!

Okay, being serious now, I have heard it was an "old wive's tale", but wondered if it wasn't steeped in some sort of truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILYF
Threading(a metal spring device that pulls out the hair) or waxing could be an option but I'd suggest having it done in the salon. It will eventually decrease the amount of hairs that grow back because pulling the hairs over and over eventually kills hair follicles.
About this "threading" device. How many hairs does it pull out each time? What hurts more, that or waxing?

Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 PM  
Inactive
(female)

ILYF HB User

No there is absolutely no truth to the "Seinfeld myth"...I saw that too. I have no idea where that got started...of course when the hairs first begin to come back it's going to feel a bit stubbly until it comes out longer. I know many women that have to shave and it doesn't make it any thicker.

With waxing it's all over in a flash but I know from using an epilator(similar to threading) devise that the threading is more painful than waxing because waxing is over in a second but threading or epilators just pull a small section at a time until it's done.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-05-2007 at 06:47 PM. Reason: posting any kind of information to find a website is cause to be banned

Old 05-12-2007, 10:35 PM  
(female)

dceptiveophelia HB User

Yes, the threading made my eyes water, and the area where you want it is sensitive.