It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Color Contacts

I just recently got myself some color contacts just for the look of it. I do have a pair of very mild reading glasses that I use when I'm reading for long periods of time but they said I didn't need a prescription for my contacts. They are pretty much just for fun and to change my eye color.

I have Freshlook Colorblends, which are disposable 2 week pairs. My question is, do any of you know if this is 2 weeks of WEAR or 2 weeks after opening the package regardless of how many times you open them? I have been wearing them every day anyway but just wanted to know for future reference.

Also, if any of you use color contacts, do you feel like your eyes get cloudy kind of easily? I feel like I can see better without them (especially up close) and I've had them for about 3 weeks. They told me it will take time to get used to them but I was hoping they would feel normal by now.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

Bluesy HB User
Re: Color Contacts

I bought colored contacts about a year ago and could only wear them a few times because they were cloudy also. I would say 2 weeks after you opened them.. Just to be on the safe side. My eyes never got used to them so I had to throw them away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

its two weeks worth of wear. they say that because when you wear them, protein builds up on the lenses. after two weeks, there's too much protein on them and you shouldnt wear them anymore. protein buildup can cause eye damage.

BUT... if you clean them every time you wear them, by rubbing and rinsing with solution before storing them, you can easily get a month out of each pair, maybe even longer.

if you find them cloudy, dry, or uncomfortable after only a day or two of wear, try switching to a different brand of solution, and give them a good cleaning. also, it could mean that the lens isnt the right size or shape for your eye.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Thanks for the replies! I actually wore them 13 days in two weeks so I just threw out the pair just in case since it was pretty close the the full two weeks of wear time.

I am really hoping they don't STAY cloudy because that would mean I wasted a lot of money on the eye exam since that costed plenty more than the contacts.

Do doctors often accidentally give you contacts that aren't the right size for you? I think I might call them up and talk to them about that and see if they can alter the size they gave me to order. I just hope they don't charge me extra for that.

Caliente, it seems that they are even cloudy when I first open a new pair. So I don't think it's the solution.. but who knows. I have OptiFree.. what kind do you recommend?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

of all the different brands of solution i've used in the 14 years i've worn contacts, my favorite is the optifree. maybe optifree isnt for you? you could try other brands... if you do, buy the small travel sized bottles just to try them out. also, you could try using rewetting drops throughout the day.

if you really dont think its the solution, they just might not fit your eyes properly, which is common. i've had that happen. sometimes its just trial and error to find which contacts work best for you. my eye doctor always gives me a free trial pair of lenses to wear for two weeks to see if i like them before i buy. i've always worn colored contacts, but recently my eyes changed and i had to buy acuvue oasys lenses. they dont come in colors. boo!

call your doctor and express your problems and concerns. ask for a free trial pair. and if you bought your lenses directly from your doctor, take them back. you may be able to exchange them for a different brand or get a refund. it shouldnt cost anything for them to just change your prescription if needed.

i'm sure you know this, but be very careful about what you put in your eyes. even the slightest problem can cause a lot of damage. and never, ever, sleep in contact lenses. they will get STUCK! (yes, i know this from experience... lol)

Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh no no I never sleep or shower in mine or anything!! I'll definitely talk to the doctor about it. I bought them elsewhere because they were a lot more expensive at the doctor. I wanted to do the trial pair but they said they just stopped doing that (for Freshlook colorblends) because people were selling them. Maybe they have trials of other kinds.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

people were selling them?? i've never heard of such a thing! that really surprises me. when i get a trial pair from my doctor, i usually leave the office actually wearing the lenses. i cant imagine people would wear them, and then try to sell them! maybe your doctor was sending them out the door with unopened packages of lenses. but thats not really fair for you, to have to buy lenses without knowing if they'll work or not. maybe you should try contacting the company you bought the lenses from, and see if they'll let you return them for a refund. they are not cheap!!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yeah it sounded pretty crazy to me! I was bummed out because I wanted to test them out first. They did let me try the in office demos, but of course you don't have those in for very long. Mine are more comfortable than those for sure since they are customized for my eye size and shape. I actually only have one more pair to go and a few days more to go on the current pair.. so I am able to get my money's worth of them since I only bought the smallest box. I'll definitely talk to them before I order more though.. I'm really glad I didn't buy the whole year at once!!

Closed Thread