It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User
Can I do a facial at home?

What products can I get to do a facial at home?

I've been going to my facial place for a year now and don't see much results. I think I can just buy some products and do it at home.

I do get pimples once in a while, and the pores on my nose are big, so I do need products that can control oil or shrink pores.

Any recommendations?

Old 05-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User
Re: Can I do a facial at home?

If you're not seeing results after a year, you may want to speak with your esthetician and see if there is anything different that can be done. There are many, many different kinds of facials. However, if you want to save money, which is understandable, you can kind of fudge a facial at home. (I am an esthetician myself)
The products you use are sooo very important. I wholeheartedly reccomend Bioelements products. I won't lie, they are pricey, but completely worth it. I have seen dramatic results from most people, including myself, soon after starting regimens with Bioelements. First of all, if your skin oily, use "Decongestant Cleanser" daily. Follow with "Equalizer" spray toner, and "Beyond Hydration" moisturizer in the morning (followed by "Sun Diffuser" SpF 15. Sooo important!!) and "Oil Control Sleepwear" at night. The Sleepwear is a miracle product. It contains time-released retinol and collegan boosters. You wake up with new skin. Once a week, use the "Pumice Peel Manual Microdermabrasion." Over time, the sleepwear product and Pumice Peel will reduce the appearance of your pores. You can also customize these products, meaning you can take them into the salon or spa where you buy them and have them add acne control solutions or anything else you need to all of these products. For the at-home facial, start by cleansing skin, then exfoliating with the pumice peel. Then steam the face for 7-10 minutes and apply (and I'm going to switch brands on this one) Origins "Clear Improvement Charcoal mask" Leave that on for ten minutes, then rinse off and apply the Beyond Hydration moisturizer. As for facials, you may ask your esthetician about Microdermabrasion, done by a machine, or mild chemical or glycolic peels, or other procedures. Hope this helps you!

Last edited by punkybear; 05-27-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #3
(female)

SHADOWMOUNTAIN HB User

Punkybear,

Where would I be able to purchase the Bioelements line? In my case I have maturing skin which is a normal type. My biggest concerns are lines, discoloration, and puffiness around eyes. Your recommendations would be great! Thank you,

Shadowmountain

Old 05-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

The Silk peel is by far one of the best facial I've had at my derm. With that you will see a difference in one treatment. The Silk can only be done every other week. It takes off the 1st layer of skin and leaves your skinsilky smooth. It reduces line and wrinkles. Don't make them go away but reduces them greatly. It in my area it's $150 per treatment.

It depends on how often you go to get the other kinds of facials for them to work. Do yo go once a week or once a month? Any skin cream takes at least 3 months to work. If after the 3 months it's not working then the chemicals in that product are not working with your bodies chemisty. You can use it till the cows come home and it wil not get any better.

My derm informed me about that. On alot of people she said the expensive things do not work. A good precentage do better with Olay product line. This from my derm that has her own product line that's sold online as well as in her office.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 05-30-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

This is what the lady at my facial place does:

She massages my face with a massage cream with the steam machine on for about 20 minutes.

Then she does extractions.

Then she puts some kind of cream on my face and wraps my face up with a saran wrap and leave it for 20 minutes.

I've been going to her for more than 6 months now because I got this package deal. But it doesn't seem to be working. I mean, I don't really see any difference in my skin.

I asked her and she told me that regular facials only last a few days. If I wanted something to last longer I need to get the European facial or something.

I don't know if she's just trying to make more $$$ off me.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

punkybear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWMOUNTAIN View Post
Punkybear,

Where would I be able to purchase the Bioelements line? In my case I have maturing skin which is a normal type. My biggest concerns are lines, discoloration, and puffiness around eyes. Your recommendations would be great! Thank you,

Shadowmountain
There are many products that would work for you. I haven't done an evaluation of your skin, but what I would reccommend for you is to find a spa or salon that sells Bioelements. You can have all of these products custom blended for you to even better suit your skin type. There is also a wonderful multi-task serum for the eye area. Look up Bioelements on the internet if you want to learn more about the products and ask around. Good luck!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
(female)

Fashionista123 HB User

of course you can! Read up on Robin McGraw(Dr.Phil's wife) SHe looks amazing for her age and does all 'natural' facials. She has never gone under the knife and looks fab!

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I've been going to the dermatologists office for the past year and spending $60 on a pore minimizing facial. And I really haven't noticed a difference. If anything, my skin is oilier -- feels greasy when I leave because they finish with a sunscreen.

Yesterday I decided to try the beauty school and I had a WONDERFUL facial. They used biotherm products. She didn't get out the extraction torture device, but she did use a cotton pad after steaming, and applied pressure to my nose and got rid of some of the blackheads. I left feeling CLEAN. My skin wasn't oily for the rest of the day. I did end up purchasing some biotherm products -- cleanser, spritzer and moisturizer. The facial itself cost me $21, plus I left a tip. I'll be going back there from now on instead of the clinic.

Closed Thread