It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 AM   #1
(male)

safeer HB User
Melanin - Pigment

Hi all
Melanin is a pigment naturally formed in our bodies, during summerís melanin formation is increased and gives the complexion a very dull & blackish look is there any ways to reduce its effects not completely but to save our body and skin as its beneficial for human body by protecting the skin against harmful light of sun
During summer I have noticed my entire body is getting brownish is it because of melanin what the reason is and how to protect it?

Old 08-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
(female)

CliniqueManager HB User
Re: Melanin - Pigment

Hi Safeer!

Melanin is created by Melanin cells deep within the Skin's Epidermis. What causes this discolouration (often referred to as sun spot or age spots) is Sun Damage. When you over-expose your skin to the Sun's rays, you damage your Melanin cells (one of the many forms of sun damage). The damaged Melanin cell then goes into over-time produce large amounts of Melanin, which in turn reaches the surface of the epidermis, which is the discolouration you are talking about. It gets worse in the Summer because the Melanin Cells are already damaged and super-sensitive, so any un-protected exposure to the sun is going to cause further damage, therefore, more large amounts of Melanin.

As for a cure, I know of none. But I do know that Clinique has a product called Advanced Stop Signs, which sends signals to the over-active Melanin cells and tells them to chill out, which with continued use, the discolourations WILL fade. There is a catch though, as I said b/4, this is not a cure. The minute you stop using the product, the cells will go back to being over-active, and you must wear a sunscreen with it. I hope I've helped you to at least understand.

The Skin Expert
http://www.getyourbonusnow.com/bonus_details.php?bonus=7

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread