It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

cindy540 HB User
Unhappy really need help please!!! chapped lips and upper lip after kissing bf

hello, i'm not really sure where to post it, so i decided to post it here. My boyfriend has a goatee which i find extremely attractive, but after a lot of kissing my lips and upper lip get really chapped. i don't know what to do, how can i avoid this? i'm using chapstick right now, but i'm constantly licking my lips, which i know i shouldn't be doing and now the left side of my lip is really chapped, broken, and a bit of puss coming out. no, it isn't any kid of std/sti.....just really bad chapped lips. besides chapstick what else should i use to get rid of this??? would really like asap. and how long should i avoid kissing my bf does this happen to anybody else or is it just me

Last edited by cindy540; 09-19-2007 at 04:31 PM.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User
Re: really need help please!!! chapped lips and upper lip after kissing bf

Chapstick can sometimes make things worse. Some people are allergic to some ingredient in it, or it just doesn't work for them, so instead of making your lips feel better, they ends up worse.
I have chapped lips a lot no matter what I do or how hot/cold it is outside. A lot of it has to do with dehydration. If you're the least bit dehydrated your lips will start to crack.
Drink more water and maybe try switching chapsticks... something different may work better than what you're using now.
I really like Burt's Bees chapsticks but I use Blistex Lip Medex more often. It works better for me, makes my lips shiny, soft, and takes care of the cracks in a couple of days. It's not really a chapstick... it's a lip balm that comes in a little blue, round container. You can probably find it in any drugstore you go to.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #3
(female)

Jelohi HB User

You probably want something gentle. Anything with menthol is probably going to sting. Aquaphor would probably be soothing (you can find that by the band aids & stuff). Sounds like you're getting "rug burn" of a sort - is this a new boyfriend? You're gonna have to take it easy & let those lips heal up!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
(female)

cindy540 HB User

hey thanks for the responses, yeah you can call it "rug burn" lol i really couldn't come up with anything to explain. but no, he's not really new anymore lol we've been together i guess since febraury, and never happened to me, well i did get chapped lips, but not as bad as this time. i guess i contributed to making it worse since i kept on licking my lips (my chapstick is flavored ) i guess i got them so dry to the point where my lips actually cracked really bad. top and bottom. i bought this walgreens brand medicated yesterday. it has a little bit of menthol tho, but i don't mind, i actually saw the difference an hour later after and today lips look a bit better and less puffy. (was begging to look like courtney love's lips lol) i hope this goes away by the weekend bc i have a dentist appt on tuesday.

Closed Thread