It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

winking2 HB User
What the heck is face primer?!

Even after people explain it, I still don't know what it is. I am looking for a skin product that gives me that "shiney glow" look. Like how celebrities never have dry caked on makeup, it always looks shiney. I saw on the Tyra Banks show, the makeup artist Jay Manuel spray something on a girls face before he put her makeup on...is that face primer? It is just so expensive and I don't want to pay 30$ to find out I could of done without it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: What the heck is face primer?!

Think of it like a paint primer but for your face.... primers just smooth out the skin so the makeup sits on it better! Some are gel kinds, some liquids, some solids.. they are all different. I have one called Dr. Feel Good by Benefit... it actually helps give my skin a nice glow but prevents too much oil, and makes it feel very soft. Mine doesn't affect the shine THAT much though, so I would just try to find makeup that gives you that look. Look for "natural" or "dewy" on makeup (like foundation products) instead of "matte" to get that look. Also, another really good way to get a good glow is to use a shimmery bronzer or highlighter. I use one by Physicians Formula and it gives my cheeks a bit of a shine, but in a good way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
(female)

mommy2babies HB User

winking
Here's a tip if you're looking for a face primer and don't want to spend a lot of money. Smashbox Cosmetics has a product called Photo Finish that is a primer that you put on after your skin care and before your foundation that is almost exactly the same thing as Monistat Chafing Relief Gel. Smashbox's product is about $35, Monistat is about $7. You can go to Monistat's website and request a sample for free and they'll also send you a $1 coupon! Now, this is not the Monistat that goes down south It's a chafing relief gel that you would use between your thighs if they rub together, or anywhere you would get chafing. DO NOT use regular Monistat on your face - it's specifically called CHAFING RELIEF GEL.

What a primer basiclly does is even out your skin's surface some so that your foundation goes on more smoothly. It also helps make it last longer.

If you have large pores, the best primer to hide them and make your skin look flawless is Clinique's Instant Pore Perfector. It's about $17 and you only use a little bit, so the tube lasts a very long time.

Good luck!! Hope this helped

Old 10-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User

I use the MAC face primer...it's like a lotion and it makes my makeup go on really smooth and dewy, but not shiny or oily looking. I also use the MAC studio fix liquid foundation. They are both only like $14 each, not too bad, and they last forever cuz it doesn't take much!

Closed Thread