It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
(female)

cyndi627 HB User
Mineral Make up - what is your favorite one?

i just bought some bare minerals but feel like there are so many different products in their line. What is your favority mineral make up and what is the regimine you use? thanks

Old 10-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
(female)

debincalif HB Userdebincalif HB User
Re: Mineral Make up - what is your favorite one?

I like Everyday Minerals (buy from them online). I have cool undertones in my skin and with the Bare Minerals, it looked like I'd been out rolling in the mud. I actually first found out about the Everyday Minerals here on this message board.

Everyday Minerals has 24 different shades, in 3 different finishes. They also have concealers, finishing powders, bronzers, color correctors, blushes, eye shadows, lip gloss (the only product of theirs I don't care for), brushes, and other accessories. They are much less expensive than Bare Minerals, and what's cool about them is you can order FREE samples. You just pay shipping.

I was skeptical the first time I tried them because of my bad experience with Bare Minerals... but I've got to tell you, I am 100% sold on the Everyday Minerals now.

For my routine, I make sure my face is clean and moisturized before I start (but give the moisturizer time to fully absorb). I tend to get oily eyelids and my eye shadow creases, so I use Mary Kay's eye primer. Then I use the Everyday Minerals concealer - I just brush it over my dark circles, blemishes, and other skin imperfections. Then I do the "swirl - tap - buff" like we've all seen on the infomercials using the Everyday Minerals foundation (I personally like the Original Glo formula, but also wear the Matte from time to time). Then I apply their blush (their blush is SO nice looking, very natural) and eye shadow... then sometimes I use a pencil eye liner and smudge that in, or sometimes I wet an angle brush and dip it into dark eye shadow and use that as a soft eye liner. Then I curl my lashes, apply mascara, apply lipstick, and I'm done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

I use Bare Escentuals which has an infomercial, and sold also on one of the shopping channels. I like that it stays on even though my fibromyalgia causes me to melt away sometimes. They have kits and individual items as well and some multis like for lipsticks, eyeshadows etc. I had used Max Factor for years and then Clinique but neither stayed on or looked as natural as BE. I love it. It also has a sunscreen in each item for those who need to watch the rays.

Also their brushes are the best I have ever used and they last a long time. I find I may spend a little more initially but I do not have to replace it as often since nothing ever touches the product other than your brush. The brushes hold up to washing and reuse. I hate when your makeup seems to go sour or bad, this powder invention is the greatest thing since pnut butter. A little goes a long way.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

Passion1965 HB User

In my opinion, there is nothing that goes on nicer than Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. It doesn't dry my skin up like Bare Minerals did, and my skin feels like silk when I wear it. I work long days and it seems to still look good at the end without too many touch ups.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have tried 4 different ones: Bare Minerals, Mineral Basics, Everyday Minerals, and Loreal. My favorite was Everyday Minerals out of those. I ordered samples online, which were free besides about $4 shipping... the samples lasted for weeks! The makeup felt smoother and blended in with my skin better than Bare Minerals. I don't have dry skin, but a lot of mineral makeups were making it feel that way. I just used the brushs that came in the Bare Mineral kit (kabuki, flawless face...).

Bare Minerals worked okay for me but it actually took me longer than my previous makeup to apply because I had to layer it a lot to get enough coverage. I'm used to using those compact makeups with a sponge, which are VERY quick to apply. Then my skin started to feel a little dry and lost that nice glow to it, so I guess it just didn't work for me.

Loreal felt too cakey and thick on my skin. I guess it gave more coverage, but I could feel the makeup. I also did not care for the built in brush and used my own. Price was good though!.

Lastly, Mineral Basics, I did like but not by itself. It didn't give much coverage, so I used it as a loose powder over my foundation and my skin looked incredible. So I'd recommend it more for this kind of thing. I got mine in a kit for a great price and it lasted a while.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
(female)

tia2 HB User

I've been using aromaleigh for 2 years. I'd like to try everyday minerals. I've read that people like this one....is it only available online?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
(female)

mommy2babies HB User

After trying many mineral make up brands, I love Everyday Minerals the best by far! They offer a great sample kit on their site for free (you pay $3.97 shipping) and it's a great way to try it without paying for a kit. Their full size products are a VERY reasonable price. They also have great blush, eyeshadow and concealors and finishing powders. Most products you can also buy in smaller sizes which is a great way to experiement with their line. They also have excellent quality brushes at very good prices. I particullarly like their white Premium Kabuki brush for $12. Provides great coverage, soft, full of bristles and doesn't shed. Their customer service is also some of the best!

EDM offers different versions of their foundations so you can get the finish you want. I don't like the "dewy" look and their matte version of their foundation is my favorite.

Bare Minerals was too shimmery for me and made my face itch like crazy in the summer if I would sweat at all. Plus, it's so darn expensive!

I've tried a few of the drugstore brands, and they too were either too shimmery or didn't provide enough coverage.

Good luck! Once you find a mineral makeup that you like, I don't think you'll ever go back to regular foundation. Mineral makeup is so much easier to apply, gives a more natural look and the containers last a very long time.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
(female)

savvy_as_98 HB User

i have tried Aromaleigh, Bare Escentuals and Everyday Minerals - still like BE the best of all.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
(female)

mommy2babies HB User

Yes, Everyday Minerals is only available online. The sample kit they offer is a great way to start - just go to kits on their site and you should find it.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
(female)

maebelle HB User

I am 46,have fibro,sleep apnea,acne and other health issues.I look tired alot of the time and have very blotchy skin on my face and neck.Kind of like WC Fields.
Of course most folks here are probably to young to know who he is.
For years I tried many types of foundation and wasted alot of money in the process.The liquid was to thin and soaked right into my skin.The pancake type was awful.For years I used covergirl in the tube.It did give the best coverage as far as the blotchy skin.Yet it would take 15 minutes after applied before I could use powder to kind of seal it in.
Even then my face would become oily hours later.I had to be careful hugging anyone or touching my face as the makeup would smear.

Several yrs ago I ordered sheercover.I was skeptical.
I was shocked when I first tried the product.It was amazing.It covered all my red blotchiness.It was easy to use and looked natural.I could use it on my neck as well without any lines showing.It didn't dry my skin or become too oily.It lasted all day...and It didn't smear.
A friend of mine gave me bare essentials.I was pleased with that product.
Yet my 1st choice is sheer cover.I am also thankful that mineral makeup is now a choice we have.
I have tried the store brand mineral foundations.They don't compare in my opinion and the way they are packaged is awful.MB

Old 11-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #11
(female)

tia2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2babies View Post
Yes, Everyday Minerals is only available online. The sample kit they offer is a great way to start - just go to kits on their site and you should find it.
Thanks! I'll look into it.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #12
(female)

hootyhoo HB User

Jane Iredale, works the best for me...you can get thru dermatologist, plastic surgeon offices, esthetecian ofice, or online. It really is the best,,but pricey too. they have samples tho, which are great. try them! I'm referring only to the face minerals...i haven't used any of the other blushes,,eyes, or lips minerals.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

Hi, I just ordered and received the Everyday Minerals free ($3.97 shipping) sample packet. I haven't tried any of it yet. I'm unsure as to how to apply it because I've never had anything like this before. I read all the posts about how great it was and wanted to try it. Do I use a blush brush? How exactly do you apply it? Also, the containers are so small, did you dump them into something larger? Thanks.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

I have oily skin and tried BE and sheer cover and both made me shiny within 30 min. Someone told me it was the bismuth in it. Is there one made for people with oily skin?????

Old 12-16-2007, 11:36 AM   #15
(female)

mommy2babies HB User

You really should try Everyday Minerals - the sample kit is free (only $3.97 shipping) and it's a great way to try their products w/o spending a fortune! They offer several different finishes - I love the matte version of their foundation and you might like it too - their finishing powders are also great and help with shine - you might want to try their balancing powder finishing powder, seems to work the best on shine.
Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-16-2007 at 12:48 PM. Reason: no discussion of commercial websites

Closed Thread