It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

Sue21 HB User
Question Anyone use SUN-IN Hair Lightener?

I have light brown / dark blonde hair that is naturally lightened by the sun in the summer. In the winter, it gets slightly darker and mousy looking.

For those that use Sun-In...

1. Do you use the regular/original Sun-In? Or the newer Lemon scented one?

2. How do you apply it to your hair...Do you just spray it and let it mist lightly over your hair from several inches away? How exactly do you apply it?

3. Do you apply it to wet, damp, or dry hair?

4. Do you shampoo your hair after its application, or blow dry it after? How long after applying it do you do this?

Thank you!

Sue

Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Re: Anyone use SUN-IN Hair Lightener?

I used both types of Sun-In and to me the only difference was the smell.

The directions should say how you should spray it in. I held the bottle a few inches from my head and sprayed it on.

When I used it I applied it to my hair right before I used my hair dryer. I used it on both wet and dry hair If I remember correctly, you should blow dry it right after you spray it in.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

I used to use Sun-In when I was younger, and I have to say that I don't recommend it...it's really damaging to your hair. It can also make your hair look really fake, depending on how you apply it. You might consider just getting highlights or over-all color.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

It really is damaging to you hair. I have light brown/dark blonde hair too...the color it achieves is fine but it dried my hair out so bad that it's taking over a year (the time it takes to grow completely OUT!) to get my hair back into shape! I wouldn't suggest it. Oh and I only used it two times! There is no other reason for my hair to have dried out like this so it had to be the sun-in, I had nothing else on my hair.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
(female)

Sue21 HB User

Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread