It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User
hairy

is it ok for gers to have hairy arms?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: hairy

I have darker hair on my arms (maybe because I'm a quarter Italian and a quarter Hispanic), but I choose to remove it. It's totally up to you... it just bothered me so I chose to Nair off the hair and now I shave it. I'm slightly allergic to Nair so it was very uncomfortable to use it, and shaving has not made mine grow back *****ly or anything. I only shave them once a wee or once every other week and the hair grows back in soft and less than before. It takes a long time for it to grow completely in. Other people thread or wax their arms... I just shave because it works for me and it's cheap and quick.

So yes, it can be normal for females, but if it's extremely hairy, you can always talk to a doctor to make sure you don't have any hormonal imbalance. Many girls from different cultures have darker or thicker arm hair though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

andrepp HB User

My arms were pretty hairy when I was in my teens and 20s. Lots of my schoolmates had hairy arms also. I didn't do a thing and after I turned 30, the hair fell off by themselves gradually and I have very few and just very fine hairs now. You won't see them if you don't look close. I guess it's related to hormones.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepp View Post
My arms were pretty hairy when I was in my teens and 20s. Lots of my schoolmates had hairy arms also. I didn't do a thing and after I turned 30, the hair fell off by themselves gradually and I have very few and just very fine hairs now. You won't see them if you don't look close. I guess it's related to hormones.
Wow you are lucky! I hope that happens with me someday!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
(female)

DayTrippin' HB User

When it comes to your own body, it's up to you what's ok.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
(female)

jkfoster HB User

I have always had pale white skin, and very dark hair on my arms and legs.
I didnt start to shave my legs till i was 12(mother wouldnt let me) But at the age of 12 I had more hair on my legs than my brother who at the time was 30, I have always had darker thicker hair on my body.

I choose to shave my legs, and to keep it smoothly clean i have to shave them everyday. I did my arms, once when i was 14 and it just looked weird to me, So i havent since. But with My hair on my head, I have to get it thinned at least once a month or i look like a white girl with a fro going on, lol.

My boyfriend doesnt care. He will provenly admit my arms have more hair on them than his do, but he doesnt mind. Hes just amazed i keep my legs so smooth, lol.

So, I guess really its up to you and what you want to do and whats comfortable. But most shouldnt care weither you have hairy arms or not.

-JK

Closed Thread