It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
home mole removal

I bought a product over the net a couple of weeks ago and have followed the instructions to a T. The moles that stick out and are small in nature have come off rather easily but the moles that are flat and a bit larger are more difficult as it is hard to tell when the mole is completely gone. A couple of times now I think it is gone so I switch to the polysporin then a few days later it looks like the mole has reappeared. So my question would be how can you tell when the root is really killed and would it make sense that what I am seeing is not a mole but a dark scab? My eyes are not very good when it comes to shades but I have no one around to determine the color for me. Any suggestions?

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Re: home mole removal

Hey trg! Sorry I am of no help, but I would think that possibly the larger flat moles would take longer. If they are scabs you were seeing, I would think after sometime the scab would become smaller.
Have you checked for a "FAQ" on the site you ordered this removal kit from? I would think they may be able to help. Or have an 800 number you can call.
Let us know how it goes; I have small ones that bother me but I'm afraid of doing something like this.
Good luck with it. Hopefully someone will see your post and have a good suggestion!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

I have a feeling I just need to be more patient and give it time. The smaller one that stuck out is completely gone and healed without a mark. The other two were flat that are taking a lot longer to heal. Right now the plan is to give it a week then go from there. The site that the product comes from really lacks communication and details but they were also the cheapest of the bunch so I gave it a shot. Thanks for the reply

take care
trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User

Keep us posted on how it works! I might wanna try something like that!

Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

It has been a couple of weeks since I last used the treatment on the two larger moles and presently they are still scabbed over so it is difficult to tell whether or not the moles are gone. I keep thinking I am seeing the mole but what I feel is a scab so I am trying to be patient and see what happens. The smaller one is long gone and healed quickly with no trace of a mark.

take care
trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

HumanExperiment HB User

Just wanted to report my findings on home mole removal. I tried iodine first, since I had some, and its a known antiseptic, and didn't seem as "extreme" as other solutions. I have to say, it didn't work at all for me, but maybe I didn't give it enough time? I did the needle scratch first (a few times actually) and did the iodine thing for 5 days, but it didn't do much except stain things dark brown. I think any method you choose should only take a few days.

Next I tried 35% hydrogen peroxide. I thought this was another good choice because its a great antiseptic, and considering you can treat one mole using less than 12 DROPS of the stuff, one liter will treat about 1600 moles!

<removed> First a word of caution, 35% H2O2 is no joke, its a hazardous material, you need to be careful with it, and immediately wash any unintended skin it gets on with lots and lots water. You can't be an idiot when handling this stuff.

I poured a little into a small container, so I would not contaminate the rest, which I put into my freezer for max storage life (it does not freeze, and will stay potent for decades if not centuries, in a freezer).

SO I scratched the mole with a pin, then I took a q-tip and dipped it into the H2O2, just a drop or probably less than a drop, it should not be dripping, if it is, shake off the excess. Then I just dabbed the entire mole with the q-tip - it should bubble and turn white, but it didn't sting at all for me (there shouldn't be nerve endings in a mole, but maybe there could be?). You can protect the surrounding skin by putting some petroleum jelly around the mole before you do the hydrogen peroxide application. Another idea I had but didn't try was that you could cut a hole the exact size of your mole, in a piece of tape (obviously has to be a kind of tape that sticks well to skin, you might even use a band-aid) and put this over the mole so the mole sticks though your hole but the surrounding skin is covered and protected).

I did not put any bandages over this at all, it drys on its own after a few minutes. I re-applied H2O2 2 or 3 times a day for 4 days (usually just morning and evening). By day three the mole had collapsed (not as high as it used to be) and turned dark, just like a lot of people have described. I think I could have stopped the H2O2 after day 3 but I did it one more day anyway. I only put some neosporin (triple antibiotic) on it and a little tea tree oil for the next couple days. It was basically just a scab, and I was waiting to see what would happen, well by day 7 I was tired of waiting, and the scab was lifting around the edges anyway, so I took some tweezers and pulled the scab off. There is a small crater where the mole was, and the skin is pinkish/reddish and irritated which is what I would expect. I can't wait to see how it heals and if the mole grows back.

I have no idea if I should put some more H2O2 on to prevent the mole from growing back or not. I am probably just going to wait and see what happens at this point, but overall I'm happy so far with the results. <removed>

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-27-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules

Closed Thread