It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

interstate495 HB User
Gentle facial hair remover

Can anyone recommend a really gentle facial hair remover, I have a few areas of excema on my face but like to use a hair remover on certain area's, I have always used Nudit or Nair but have found that lately these are beginning to irritate, Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
(female)

ChrissyCP HB User
Re: Gentle facial hair remover

I'd like to know about this too...I have about 4, 5 hairs on the side of my upper lips and too scared to wax since it will end up becoming a demanding regular habit. I have tried plucking one or two for experiment, but like eyebrows, it seems they come back darker (not black dark, but dark).

Would plucking then using a remover immediately after minimze growth? Just curious...

Last edited by ChrissyCP; 02-18-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
(female)

interstate495 HB User

I am hoping for a reply, has anyone got any recommendations or a very gentle facial hair remover

Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
(female)

sarah91 HB User

I would stay away from facial hair removers. Bleaching and shaving can make the facial hairs thicker and darker. Waxing can pull your skin and eventually make it droop. I recommend getting your facial hair removed professionally. It is expensive but the results are for the rest of your life....even if certain hairs come back they are very similar to baby hairs.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
(female)

blancanieve HB User

I used to use Sally Hansen's facial wax and it irritated my skin. I use this thing called Epicare, you can google it if you want. The picture of the product is on the f.a.q. page. It's basically this small slinky that you bend on your face it removes hair on your face. I would recommend it for cheeks, and chin. I haven't really tried it on my upper lip because I just pluck out the hairs. It only costs 13 dollars also and I've had it for about 2 yrs although it says you should replace it every year or something like that. If your hair is very dark I wouldn't recommend it because that hair is too strong to be plucked out by it, but if it's like peach fuzz hair or medium than it would work cause it works on me.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
(female)

blancanieve HB User

I can't believe you used Nair on your face. I used it once on my eyebrows and it made the skin around it extremely raw and scabby.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #7
(female)

interstate495 HB User

There is a nair that is just for your face, I never used to have a problem but this year it seems everthing seems to irritate my skin

Old 02-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
(female)

icicles101 HB User

do you mean your upper lip? or eyebrows? if so i have found that waxing works, well not for the eyebrows tweeze them but for the upper lip waxing works best for me! it is quite a bit raw at first but if you press a towl wet with cold water on it for a bit i found it to be very helpful
hope i helped

stacy

Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
(female)

ChrissyCP HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicles101 View Post
do you mean your upper lip? or eyebrows? if so i have found that waxing works, well not for the eyebrows tweeze them but for the upper lip waxing works best for me! it is quite a bit raw at first but if you press a towl wet with cold water on it for a bit i found it to be very helpful
hope i helped

stacy
Yes, however, with waxing, you must do it....forever? You can't stop. And you must do it every 2 weeks....isn't it expensive?

Closed Thread