It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
(female)

keepdancing HB User
what works better?

I am new to these boards, so glad I found them! I am wondering if anyone has used any of these, Retin-a, Strivectin, copper peptides, coenzyme 10, and what is your opinion of them? I'm 58 and wish I had started using something years ago, but I am hoping that I can reverse some of the aging or at least slow it down a little. It's pretty disheartening looking in the mirror these days. I know that this is superficial, but it affects my attitude greatly!Does anyone have a skin care line or anything non-invasive that they have tried through their dermatologist that has helped with wrinkles or sagging? Seems like all of this suddenly hit my face and neck about 2 years ago and seems like it is progressing rapidly!! Thanks for any help, I know that 58 may be a little old to be starting anything like this but better late than never I guess!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
Re: what works better?

Well I for one know pretty much first hand it's not too late to start at your age.A customer of mine has been using Retin-a faithfully for 20 years! She's 80 something! You would not BELIEVE her complexion! She has no forehead lines, crows feet etc....we've looked and looked at her, at pictures from the past 20 years, she actually looks pretty much the same. I don't know anyone else who has used this for this long. I used it in my thirties for acne and then stopped because it at first made my breakouts worse. At the time I was always told I looked younger than I was. I wish I had kept using it.
Last summer my dermo gave me a prescrip for the generic(Trentenoin) cause she said it not only helps oily skin but wrinkles. I started using it on my neck only. I had blotchy sun damaged skin there and now it looks so much smoother with no blotchiness.I am going to start using it on my face now. I'm 53. So no...it's NOT too late!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

kara999 HB User

Hi, what best brand and percentage of Retin A to keep wrinkles at bay.
I used 0,1 before and it made me peel so much.
Is vitamin A acid and Retin A the same thing

Last edited by kara999; 03-03-2008 at 06:27 AM.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:47 AM   #4
(male)

amybrown HB User

Both StriVectin and Retin A are well known antiaging products. They are both effective but can cause dryness depending on your skin type. For the past four-five months I have been carrying a new product in my Skin Care Clinic called the Newtox Treatment Line. I would highly recommend it for antiaging. Lon Cosmetics use active peptides in their products that work wonders. If you want more details about the product let me know.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User

Kara, I think the two are the same..my retin a is for .50 I think. It doesn't dry me out really.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
(female)

andrepp HB User

I have used Retin A, Strivectin and coenzyme 10. Retin A was very good for my skin tone, making it look more even and smooth, and reduced some pigmentation marks and small lines. But it didn't help with the deeper wrinkles. I also got a red patch on my cheek every couple of months because it's strong stuff. The red patch would last a couple of weeks and I couldn't use Retin A during that period, else it would make it more red. When the redness was gone, I would start using it again and then after 2 -3 months it came back on. It went on like this for like 2 years and I finally couldn't stand the red patches any more and stopped using it altogether.

Strivectin didn't work out for me, and it smelled bad. I didn't see much from coenzyme 10 either. The one product that really gave me the best results is Alpha Derma CE. It reduced my wrinkles, even the deeper ones, and made my face look firmer and younger.

Closed Thread