It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
(female)

janedoe321 HB User
Eye Cream that does NOT sting eyes

HI. Can anyone recommend an eye cream that is for sensitive eyes. The skin around/under my eyes is not sensitive, it's my eyes themselves. Most creams make my eyes water and sting. Thanks for any opinions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

bleigh HB User
Re: Eye Cream that does NOT sting eyes

You might like to try some organic virgin coconut oil. I use it on my body and around my eyes and really like it. I know several ladies that use it and are happier with it than anything they've purchased.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
(female)

jimmielegs HB User

I like bleigh's idea. The other thing to remember is to NOT pat the oil (or whatever) too close to the lash line. The warm of your body causes the oil to seep upwards and into your eyes. This was told to be by my dermatologist many years ago.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
(female)

janedoe321 HB User
Arrow Re: Eye Cream that does NOT sting eyes

Hi. Where do you get the coconut oil? It seems like that would make your make-up smear. Is that not a problem? Thank you for posting!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
(female)

bleigh HB User

You can buy it in the organic section at your grocery store and I would assume any health food store would carry it. I don't have the virgin oil, but have been happy with the regular organic. Some do say the virgin oil makes a difference though. You may want to start wearing this only at night. It is really greasy like, but it does soak in after a while. I have extremely oily facial skin and this works great even though it greasy when you first put it on. For makeup purposes, could you just wear a regular moisturizer without getting really close to your eyes? Also, don't wash your eye area in the morning with your cleanser...just at night.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I have used the new aveeno eye serum and the clinique intensive eye cream. Haven't had problems. I can't really use the all about eyes bc the caffeine bothers me!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

janedoe321 HB User

Hi. Thanks for all the posts. I ended up getting a face lotion by Olay that is for sensitive skin, 100% Fragrance and color FREE, Non-comedogenic (dermatologist said to look for that if your face breaks out). I've put it close to under my eyes and I seem to be fine.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
(female)

laurenb HB User

I think that you just need to try as many eye creams as possible until you find one that doesn't irritate you. The skin around eyes is extremely sensitive and only by trying will you find one that is right for you. Good luck

Old 04-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Another idea, if you don't need any specific eye cream meant for aging, is Curel creams. It's very gentle and great for sensitive skin and I have used it as an eye cream. Most eye creams would burn my eyes, as you described, even if I didn't think any got in them. I would be VERY careful and it would still happen and then my eyes were red and watery.

Closed Thread