It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Eyeshadow

Hey everyone,
I started wearing a lot more eyeshadow than I used to recently since it's almost summer and I'm in the mood to play with colors. But anyway, I usually use a cream eyeshadow as a base, and than I apply powder eyeshadow over that (in the same color usually).
Every time I do this the shadow creases - and that looks really gross. Than I tried using just powder, and even though it doesn't collect as quickly, it still does after a while.

How can I prevent this from happening? I've tried the foundation over eyelids trick, that doesn't really work.
Are there any products (preferably something cheap) that will prevent this?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
Re: Eyeshadow

I think smashbox makes a shadow primer, if you get it on e bay it'll be cheaper. I've used the foundation primer, also Laura Geller makes one. I think if you use eyeshadows that aren't too cheap they last longer, at least it seems like that to me. I have kind of oily lids so this is what happens to me too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

Thanks! I will have to look for a shadow primer. I know there are regular primers for the face but I didn't know they made them for shadow too.
I usually use CoverGirl or Maybelline eyeshadows since they have a lot of really awesome colors and they last but they crease anyway.
Hopefully a primer will work.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

Loreal Bare Minerals makes a great eyeshadow. You don't need a primer. I don't know about you or anyone else, but the less I have to put on my face, the happier and faster I am. I wear his eyeshadow and it does not crease or come off until you are ready to take it off.

Sunny

Old 05-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sunny1 View Post
Loreal Bare Minerals makes a great eyeshadow. You don't need a primer. I don't know about you or anyone else, but the less I have to put on my face, the happier and faster I am. I wear his eyeshadow and it does not crease or come off until you are ready to take it off.

Sunny
Thanks, I just looked this up and they do have a lot of different colors which is great. I'm going shopping this weekend so I'm gonna try to find all these products. I also noticed that they have a product called "de-crease" eyeshadow base which probably works so maybe I'll give that a try also.
I also don't like having too much stuff on my face but it's hard not to in the summer when it gets warm out. I tan (self tanners) but don't put them on my face so I need to use darker makeup and bronzer to even it out... than with eyeshadow creasing it makes everything much worse.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna try to look for products like this from now on that eliminate the need for too many layers of everything.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 05-21-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I had this problem too! I haven't tried Smashbox's primer, but what works for me is using a shimmery loose shadow. If I use the regular ones, it always creases for me at the end of the way. Whenever I use one with a shimmer, it really stays put. Right now I'm using one by Bare Minerals and I can tell that this eyeshadow is going to last forever because a little bit goes a long way. I just pick a neutral color I can use for most days, but they have many great shimmer colors. They are very pretty for summer and aren't overly shimmery. I also like Maybelline Roller Color and Loreal Illumination (although I don't care for the built in bush from Loreal and use my own instead).

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

I'll probably just have to get a bunch of new eyeshadows. I have a lot of different ones and they're all different brands. I really like the colors but they crease way too much.
I like using black eyeshadow a lot to create that smokey eye look or whatever, and I have a really awesome sparkly one from CG but it creases like crazy after a while so I have to reapply it frequently to get rid of the crease. I think it's mostly because I use a cream base, so I'll stop using that. I did try using an eyeliner as a base and that worked so much better than the cream shadow. I'll try using it with a primer or that L'Oreal de-crease base. Hopefully it will work.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB UserBeaTrade HB User

I have been using a concealer as my base for eyeshadows for years...you will want to powder it before applying the shadow though. I don't know if it much matters what brand of concealer but currently I'm using Maybelline Age Rewind but before that was Maybelline Cover Stick. Just use a concealer that's intended for the eyes and not a cover up for pimple which may contain something to dry up a pimple. I apply my eyeshadow and it does last all day long and I'm very oily. I keep wanting to try the L'Oreal De Crease but I keep thinking "why bother when concealer does the trick?"

Closed Thread