It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
My nails need help!

I have had acrylic nails for about 3 years. I never had tips, just acrylic over my natural nail. I recently started to let them grow out instead of paying to have them soaked & scraped off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what will make them stronger once the acrylic is gone? I have been soaking them in acetone for 15 minutes each night to remove the acrylic and filing them down but the acrylic is stubborn. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: My nails need help!

Nails are always tough to remove! I actually don't get them removed at the salon anyway because some of them just do the same thing with acetone and some use a tool to remove them. I'm one of those people who will pry them off with a metal nail file, which really hurts, but I just try to get it over with.

I recommend using a nail strengthener. One that is like a clear polish, only thicker. I can't think of the exact name of the one I liked, something like Hoofs like a horse that came in a cyllinder-shaped bottle. It worked well for me. When I remove nails (I usually get solar, but same with acrylic) I get white marks on my nails from tearing them off, but I just use a gentle buffer to smooth them out and apply a nail strengthener. If your nails grow fast, they will be back to normal pretty soon. If not, just keep using the strengthener and keep them trimmed. If they are long, they may be more brittle and thinner than usual and can break easily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
Re: My nails need help!

Thanks for your reply!

Closed Thread