It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

star1979 HB User
makeup advice to cover up melasma / pigmentation on upper lip?

ive got 2 brown patches on my upper lip, one each side. i have quite a few freckles generally and these patches are more or less the same colour as those. lookin back at photos i can see these 2 patches faintly over the last year,but hadnt really taken any notice until a few weeks ago. i had stupidly sat in the sun for a few hours, n when i came indoors,these 2 brown patches were very noticeable!!!!!
im having trouble covering them up. i used to just wear max factor seamless foundation and that was it... now i feel i need loads of makeup, but cant get it right! ive spent a fortune on different foundations ,concealers and powders but the patches can be seen thru it! even worse,they look grey thru the makeup!!!!! its awful,its affecting my life so much. i can live with the patches if i can just successfully cover them with makeup , but i cant!
in broad daylight i can more or less get away with just foundation, but then if i go indoors into artificial light, they show up big time!!!!! where as if im artificial light i can sort of get it ok, if i put loads of concealer on and loads of powder, but as soon as i go outdoors it looks orangey and caked! also, after a couple of hrs it looks like theres tiny greyish dots over my upper lip!
i cant win! really not sure what to do....any advice will be appreciated.
thanks. star

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread