It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

sophitia HB User
How often to wash hair that is dyed?

I was wondering if it's best to not wash my hair everyday because I colour it every month with a permanent colour. Also, even though I use hairspray everyday, is it ok to wash my hair every other day? If I don't wash my hair everyday will the colour last longer?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: How often to wash hair that is dyed?

Hi there! I color my hair as well. Right now I work out almost every day, so I have to shower every day and wash my hair or I smell sweaty. If you wash your hair less often, your color will hold much better. Also, if you experience dryness from your haircolor, it's best to not wash your hair every day as well. You can always rinse it in the shower, or create a diluted version of your shampoo (by mixing with water) if you need to get product out. Using hairspray and not washing it can cause a flaky mess, but if you use a flexible hold hairspray, you may be lucky and maybe it won't happen! Try doing every other day and see if that works for you .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
(female)

coffeegal HB User
Re: How often to wash hair that is dyed?

i color also....reddish brown....i try to wash just every other day...with gentle shampoo for colored hair....also..i've heard that if you wash & rinse with cold water....the color holds longer...not sure about that tho.....

Closed Thread