It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
(female)

proudmommie HB User
reasonably priced anti-aging products you really like

Need some suggestions on anit-aging products. I need something for eyes, wrinkles, age spots, firming, etc. that are reasonably priced. My skin is normal with barley any breakouts but I'm starting to notice some aging. I never wear makeup because I didn't need to. I never put any products on my face either. Any suggestions? I'm not too familiar with facial products.

O.k. I bought Olay definity night cream and the face wash and it gives me acne. I'm one of the lucky ones to have acne every now and then and within two weeks of using definity I broke out. I won't be using this anymore.

Last edited by proudmommie; 01-09-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: update

Old 12-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

memawof3 HB User
Smile Re: reasonably priced anti-aging products you really like

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommie View Post
Need some suggestions on anit-aging products. I need something for eyes, wrinkles, age spots, firming, etc. that are reasonably priced. My skin is normal with barley any breakouts but I'm starting to notice some aging. I never wear makeup because I didn't need to. I never put any products on my face either. Any suggestions? I'm not too familiar with facial products.
i use and love oil of olay products!!!!
low price and just as good as high end skin care lines at the malls!!!
bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Re: reasonably priced anti-aging products you really like

I agree. Though I don't need anti-aging products yet, I constantly hear/read rave reviews on Oil of Olay products. Some are pricey (between $20-40) but they work well. I always us Oil of Olay Complete moisturizers with SPF/UVA-UVB protection. They're my favorite and only cost around $5.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 12-14-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

nikkist HB User

I like Olay's "Total Effect". Onto my 3rd bottle already.

UNT is good as well, although i've only used their Pilates but I really like it.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
(female)

mom2amk HB User

I use ProVectin Plus from Walgreens $30 for 6oz tube. It is similar to StriVectin $100. Using it morning and night, it lasted for about 7 months. The good thing is that Walgreens brands have a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #6
(female)

andrepp HB User

The one I absolutely love is more pricey than drug store brands but it's 10 times better and 10 times more effective. It's the Alpha Derma CE made by Janson Beckett. It has totally rejuvenated my skin by getting rid of wrinkles, tightening sagginess and putting back lots of elasticity. My skin texture is so much better and the overall appearance looks much more youthful. I have tried lots of other high end anti-aging creams and they all pale in comparison.

I used drug store creams, Olay, L'Oreal, Neutrogena and ROC in my younger days. They were great for my younger skin but very inadequate after I turned 40 when I was hit with bad signs of aging. My opinion is they are great if your skin isn't that bad to begin with, but they aren't miracle workers like Alpha Derma CE if your skin needs more work.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
(female)

nataliastar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkist View Post
I like Olay's "Total Effect". Onto my 3rd bottle already.

UNT is good as well, although i've only used their Pilates but I really like it.
Nikkist,

i've heard about UNT from another board and people raved about it. where can i find it?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
(female)

Niftybergin HB User

I like Oil of Olay products a lot, especially their serums. Also, I'm a big fan of simple dry-skin brushing, even on the face. (For the face, I use a shoe-brush...the kind you use to buff your shoes, although I have a small one, not one of those enormous ones. The bristles are horsehair and just the right stiffness: not too stiff, not too soft.) After doing a dry-skin brush on my face -- which exfoliates nicely, smoothes my skin, and gives it a nice glow -- I tone and then rub a light coating of almond oil (purchased from the skin-care section of any health foods store) into my skin. It helps TREMENDOUSLY with the hydration of my skin, and the dry skin brushing helps a lot with some slight sagging of my skin.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I use Olay regenerist micro-sculpting cream. For me it truely is a facelift without surgery. I am getting the jowl look at 61 and so tried this product and it does seem to lift the skin around my chin which is where the only ageing signs on me. I do know you MUST do as the directions say, massage (20 strokes in upward motion)it in, is all part of the effect really and if you do, it does very well. I use more of their product than any other and I've tried them all. Also if ya think you can use another product and do the same massage it won't work like Olay regenerist does. Olays filling and sealing works well to, I use it as a lotion and it seems to hide line appearance and even jowl line, like an illusion!

Closed Thread