It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Josee HB User
Sephora- what brands/products do you recommend?

I know there are several Sephora's in the USA but now they are opening up more locations in Canada. I'm glad they are opening a location in my city this year. I was wondering what brands, products you recommend?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB UserToonces1 HB User
Re: Sephora- what brands/products do you recommend?

my favorite skin care (face) brands are boscia and murad. i think i like lorac and stila cosmetics the best. don't forget that they will always make you a sample of any product you want to try. if they don't have any manufacturer's samples, they will put some in a a little jar or tube so you can take it home. i have done this with several day lotions and was glad i did because there were some that i was thinking of buying that i ended up not liking. they will even make you a little sample of perfume in a mini spray container. many people also love the philosophy brand for bosy washes and lotions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
(female)

jenniferab HB User

I LOVE philosophy The Supernatural mineral makeup. It is quick, easy, covers flawlessly and has improved my skin. I also love Bare Essentials Boxom Lash mascara. All of my skin care cleansers and moisturizers are Philosophy and I swear by them, but everyone is different and it took me years to find these. I use Sephora cosmetic brushes but have not tried any other Sephora brand products. I love the Beauty Insider program - it has offered me so many chances to try things without wasting money on them. This is a great company with great service. Excited for you!

Old 04-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I LOVE going to Sephora! The best part is that you can try out all the products and make sure you like them first. I often like to go in there and just try out some new products I've never used, colors I usually don't wear, etc. Definitely fun!

I used to buy all cheaper brands because I didn't have a lot of money as a college student, but now I buy a mixture of drugstore brands and nicer brands. I notice that certain products really DO seem nicer and come out nicer on my skin if I spend a little more. Other products, the cheaper ones are fine. Sometimes I want a special color and can't find it at the drugstore. I have a few favorite blushes and eyeshadows in shades that are harder to find.

Some of my Sephora favorites would be the Nars blush in Orgasm (a color that works for most skin tones), Diorshow mascara (although I like drugstore brands for mascara too), most of the Benefit cosmetics, the Stila kitten products (I have the lip gloss and love the eye shadow), the bronzers by Too Faced, and many more! I actually spent some time at Sephora earlier today while out of town and killing some time before heading out to the airport. I tried out Kat Von D's makeup line and really liked the concealer and liquid eyeliners. Great colors, and the concealer worked really well! Sephora has a lot of variety and will suit your needs whether you want some natural looking products or really fun, more bold options. I haven't tried out a lot of the skincare products since I have a simple skincare regimen.

Just give yourself some time to look around at all the products and test some out. As mentioned, they can even make little samples for you. I also love to look at the perfumes there and sometimes take a sample home with me of those too. Only bad thing about Sephora is that it's easy to spent TOO much money, as some products are pretty expensive. I just try to get 1 or 2 items at a time as a treat, but I definitely try out many products. If I'm still thinking about one of the products I tried way later and liked it throughout the day, I may go back and buy it then.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
(female)

kellybaby HB User

I love the line by Kat Von D!! It's pricey, but her colors are awsome!! I think my favorite is the liquid eyeliners!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybaby View Post
I love the line by Kat Von D!! It's pricey, but her colors are awsome!! I think my favorite is the liquid eyeliners!
It's good to hear that another person likes them! I only got to try them out in the store, but have a Sephora giftcard so will probably go back and buy some. The liquid eyeliners came in awesome colors! I tried dark blue/purple color. It wasn't too bright and just added a hint of color and lasted all day through my traveling by plane. I tend to think my skin looks dull after traveling and my makeup still looked good. The concealer stayed fresh! If you love the liquid eyeliner and want something similar for cheaper, I recently tried one by Almay for under $10. It's a liquid eyeliner meant for hazel eyes. I don't have hazel eyes (mine are brown), but I love the liquid eyeliner. It's black but has a hint of sparkle in it, so it adds a little something. I know Almay doesn't have all the color colors Kat Von D has, but I liked the one I tried since it isn't a plain black.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
(female)

sara1304 HB User

Before I state what brands I use; it dawned on me that money looks better in my purse than in Sephora's cash register. I was the type that use to splurge galore on "high end" products at Sephora. Two reasons that changed my mindset. 1- In case people haven't noticed the tough economic times affect everything and everybody including myself. No extra money to just "throw" around. 2 - I found out through a friend of mine that is a dermatologist is that some of these famous, high priced brands are sourced or manufactured overseas in China. What!!!!, These are the same people putting poison in baby milk, dog food, and making bad sheet rock for construction. Am I going to trust someone from the other side of the planet hoping that they would not cut corners and use all of the appropriate quality control? NOT!!! You really have to have your head in the clouds to continue that road.
I've chosen to have a brand to either have manufacturing orgins either in Canada, or USA. No China junk.
Did research and in a article in ELLE magazine read up on a brand called Coonobabe. Turns out, celebs like Mylie Cyrus, Emma Watson (harry potter), and Shakira use this brand. It is South Beach theme product collection. I bought from them the foundation,-happy ending lt. beige,-exactly to bobbi brown, their liplust, and eye NV. One word: awesome. Plus the fact that they ship 4 free anywhere in the world.
For my dark under eye circles I use a product called Extreme Eye Rescue by Isabella Pelle. No more puffy eyes, and it has significantly lightened my dark circles after 4 weeks of application twice daily. Isabella Pelle also ships 4 free.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

BipolarPrincess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josee View Post
I know there are several Sephora's in the USA but now they are opening up more locations in Canada. I'm glad they are opening a location in my city this year. I was wondering what brands, products you recommend?
Hard Candy and Urban Decay have amazing glittery stuff if you're into that.

Meds:
Lexapro 20mgs
Lithium 600mgs
Trazadone 100mgs

Old 05-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
(female)

andrepp HB User

I like buying cosmetics from Sephora, foundations, loose powder, etc. My favorite brand is Laura Mercier. I had bought skincare products also, brands such as Dr Perricone, Kinerase, Juice Beauty, but I wasn't that impressed with the results.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
(female)

Spenstar HB User

I love Philosophy products...esp. the perfumes and showel gels. The Sephora brand of products is of good quality as well.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
(female)

dare2bedifferen HB User

I love urban decay!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

For skincare, I love Philosophy products. Foundation- Make Up For Ever's Mat Velvet mattifying foundation is a lifesaver for summer. Sephora brand makeup brushes are wonderful, as well.

I recommend going in there knowing specifically what sort of products you want to buy, or you'll end up spending SO much money! :P There's always so many things I want. The store employees are always extremely helpful, and I always ask them to assist me with color matching and speak to them about any products I want advice on.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #13
(female)

ritualangst HB User

smashbox- before make-up primer is the best- great lip gloss also

laura geller- i always use her eye liner and eye spackle-

philosophy- shower gels in any flavor you can imagine- all are wonderful-

johnathan hair products- the shampoo and conditioner are excellent-

i use alot of other products from other online sources that we are not allowed to post but there are many incredible items out there-

Closed Thread