It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User
a bronzer that's not a self tanner?

Hey everyone!
I was wondering is there a body bronzer that is NOT a self tanner? I mean one that just colors you and washes off. I like Sally Hansen airbrush legs for legs but what about arms, etc. If I use self tanners they tend to bring out brown spots. There must be one right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User
Re: a bronzer that's not a self tanner?

I assume that if you use the Sally Hansen stuff on your legs, you can probably use it on your arms as well. The skin on your arms and legs is not different. So if it works on one area, it will work on another just fine.

You mentioned that self-tanners tend to bring out dark spots... that will happen if you don't exfoliate before applying the tanner. Make sure you exfoliate and the color will go on more evenly.
I am really not sure about bronzers that wash off - other than make up for the face, of course. I personally wouldn't use such products because I imagine that if they wash off easily than they'd rub off and stain clothing. Even self-tanners that don't wash off easily tend to stain light colored clothing (that's the one thing I really dislike about self-tanners).

I have never heard of a wash-off bronzer, but if the Sally Hansen stuff works than you could use that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

Love2Run9485 HB User

I saw that Maybelline has a product out (in the makeup section) that is a gel bronzer to use on the body (and maybe face too?). Victorias Secret also sells products like this. I'd also watch out for these because anything like this WILL get on your clothes if you are sweating or out in the heat. I'm sure as long as you wear darker clothing that will not stain, it should be fine.

I also agree with EllieFrog that self tanner won't bring out dark spots when applied carefully. You might want to look into a gradual self tanner for more natural results. Ocean Potion Ever Glow has never made me get dark spots. I even apply it on my feet, ankles, knees, without a problem. It has an orangey vanilla scent, so it makes it smell better than some self tanners. I just tried Loreal Sublime Glow and I accidentally sprayed too much on my feet (the sprayer kept on going and I was wanting it to stop!) and they got a tiny bit darker, but not too bad. Jergens Natural Glow is another option, but I really don't are for the scent (to me it smells like clay).

Old 06-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for answering. I suppose you're both right about it getting on clothes. I use the Sublime Glow gradual tanner cause I'm so light and it works well but brings out"age spots", that's what I meant by brown spots...ugh.. any ideas about fading those? Does hydroquinone work? How about Retin A?

Last edited by GravesGirl73; 06-06-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

All self-tanners will make age spots appear darker since they stain the are even more. I've noticed that self-tanners tend to make my freckles darker and although it is annoying, it doesn't bother me too much since I don't have a lot of them.

I assume that hydroquinone and Retin-A would work since they're supposed to lighten skin. I would talk to a dermatologist about the best way to fade out those spots.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the info girls!

Closed Thread