It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

jackie0411 HB User
Mascara/Eyeliner

I am trying to find a mascara that will make my lashes longer and fuller, because i have very thin and short eyelashes to begin with.

Right now i use CoverGirl Lash Exact, and it doesn't clump (which is essential for me because i have very few eyelashes to begin with) but it doesn't elongate them very well.

Are there any suggestions on a brand that you have used that seems to do this, or any technique i could use while applying mascara to get these results.

Also, i use eyeliner very modestly normally only in a think line right above my lashes or on the inside of my bottom lid of my eye. I am looking for a eyeliner that will stay on even when in the bottom lid, or one that would be easy to apply and smudge under the lid as well as be easy to smudge right above my lashes.

Again, any suggestions on technique or brand that would help me to achieve this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
Re: Mascara/Eyeliner

I love Avon! I've been stuck on using this "Super Shock" Avon mascara. My eyelashes are very light colored, thin and they look short. This mascara really makes them pop, look long and full and it stays on all day.
I couldn't really mention an eyeliner though. I don't use that too often.
But I do recommend this mascara! I don't think you'd ever want to use anything else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
(female)

HappyEl HB User

Hi Jackie! The best branded mascara I can think of is Lacome. I got mine for free as a gift =) but I have heard that the lacome mascaras are pretty expensive. They make your lashes have that "false-lash" effect.

Hope this helps hun xx

Old 07-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
(female)

jackie0411 HB User

Thank you guys so much! I will have to check those two out.

I did go to sephora today and i looked at Laura Mercier Mascara, the normal waterproof kind. It seemed to work well in the store, i was wondering if anyone has used this?

Old 07-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
(female)

texan1771 HB User

Hey Jackie,I love love MAC powerpoint eyeliner...Its waterproof and is a pencil and I highly recommend them,if you dont have a place nearby that sells it like me,they have a great website.I have hazel eyes and I use the bodreaux kind of a purple color and it does wonders for my eyes.Oh and it is a little pricey but lasts me at least a year.Hope this helps

Old 07-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
(female)

ritualangst HB User

diorshow "blackout" is great mascara- a little $$$ though (sephora has it) - for eyeliner i would try smashbox or mac- both very good-

Old 07-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #7
(female)

chongo HB User

I use Boujoris or max factor. Basically the bigger the brush the better no matter what brand. The bigger brush covers more lash and pulls the lashes through its brush applying a decent and neat amount of mascara =]

and for eye liner. 17 is a great one. Its thinks and soft and applies very easily. Try using a pencil that is made from Kohl. Its soft and applies with ease

Last edited by chongo; 07-24-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I also apply my eyeliner on the inner rim of the bottom of my eye and find that the ONLY eyeliner that works here is kohl-type eyeliner. I really like the black kohl eyeliner by Rimmel. It's cheap and works great! The only downside is that it has to be manually sharpened. I haven't found any automatic kohl eyeliners that worked as well as this one, so I just deal with it. MAC also has awesome eyeliners for a little bit more money. For my upper lids, I use any eyeliner and usually go over it with some liquid eyeliner (right now I'm using one by Almay because it's black with a tiny bit of shimmer and looks really nice!).

For mascara, unfortunately it's really trial and error. I have found lengthening formulas to be good for both lengthening AND thickening, at least most of the time. A lot of the volumizing ones are good for those with already long lashes. I like Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender. It makes eyelashes long, thicker, and it's a flexible formula, so it won't flake. It's also not expensive. For a designer brand, I love all of the Dioshow mascaras!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

GravesGirl73 HB UserGravesGirl73 HB User

As far as mascara,the Avon one mentioned is pretty good and doesn't smudge.I have used many different kinds and if they don't flake or run, that's good enough for me. I like the Almay eyeliner, the one that goes with your color eyes, except the only one that stays on me is the black one. My daughter uses the purple and it stays too. I recently bought Mally from QVC and I have to say it DOES last, in fact it's hard to take off, especially the black.It comes with 3 colors, black, bronze and green.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 AM   #10
(female)

Reiannasmommy26 HB User

This works GREAT for me makes my lashes look amazing, I use a brush and mineral powdered eyeliner for my eyes, but I take just the normal Mascara apply a heavy coat, then take the inside of your thumb and press your eyelashes up wards for 30 seconds, I do one at a time. The natural warm from the inner part of your thumb melts the mascara and pushes them up and out, so it makes them appear longer and thicker. Good luck <3

Closed Thread