It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
HELP with getting rid of gray hair

I have very fine hair, plus it is totally white on top. I've been dying it for years, but now more than ever the gray keeps showing through even right after coloring it with permanent hair color. For years I've been having to dye it every two weeks which was a hassle but I'd rather do that than what is happening now. I just dyed it yesterday & all kinds of gray is showing through.

I just used clairol ultra riche nuetrals, light blonde base nueutral 8NN. My hair ends up looking strawberry blonde & I like the color; however I want the gray to be gone. I've tried other brands, are they really all the same? One lady told me at Sallys they are all the same. What other brand could I use that is really good at covering gray? I use the drops for gray coverage, and I use the drops to cut some of the red out, but I don't mind like I said it looking strawberry blonde. WHAT CAN I DO, I'M GOING CRAZY.? I don't want the gray to show!!

Recently I have also started using Fanciful color rinse, gold spell is the color & this does help blend it, however I don't like the smell & now it takes forever & ever for even my baby fine hair to dry. Without a rinse it dries quick which always was kind of a plus. HELP, someone what can I do.

I cannnot afford to go to the beauty parlor every week, i don't mind coloring it myself, any suggestions? Is there some people that can't cover their gray no matter what, please don't tell me this. Do the beauty parlors use different type of hair colors than what Sally carries? This is just awful, I look too young to run around with gray hair.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
(female)

2BSweet HB User
Re: HELP with getting rid of gray hair

I'd say go to the salon. If you can't afford it, lots of times beauty schools will do it for pretty cheap and it's still salon results.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

mustlovecats HB User
Re: HELP with getting rid of gray hair

I read somewhere that using a lower volume developer and leave the color on longer does help, you can ask at sally's they should know.

Closed Thread