It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

fashionjunkie HB User
hair disaster, advise please!

just about a month ago i dyed my hair black (my hair is naturally dark brown). yesterday i decided to dye my hair red, so i did. what i didnt know was that i was supposed to take out the other dye before redying it. so now my roots(the only part of my hair that was my natural color) are bright red and the rest of my hair just kinda shimmers red sometimes..it looks a little funky. and im just wondering if there is any way for me to take out the dye and then go all the way red with out having to go to the salon. and i dont want to dye it back to black.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

megansruk HB User
Re: hair disaster, advise please!

ibelieve the bright red is your roots that was not dyed. you can buy the root touch up product. then dye it again??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Watersigh HB User

You can't put a color over black. You have to bleach it to remove the black first to be able to put the red over it.

At this point, you're better off going to the salon to have them fix it. There's nothing you can really do at home with your limited resources for good quality supplies and less knowledge of hair color and how it works.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

There is a great product you can use that will fix this for you called COLOR OOPS.It is sold in stores such as Rite Aid.
It will remove all artificial color,leaving you with a clean slate to start over.
Be sure to follow the directions EXACTLY,because it's very important to rinse it out like 5 or 6 times.I have used it a couple times when I have colored too dark.(doesn't work if you went too light) and it is a lifesaver!
Also,it is not damaging at all,only bad side effect is it is kinda stinky.It has a sulfer-rotten egg smell.

You can re-color the same day that use it.(I would wait at least one day though)Good luck!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
(female)

Been Thru Hell HB User

You can use dawn dishsoap to cleanse out just about anything from hair, but it has to be w/in a few days. If later, mix half hair bleach w/ shampoo until really sudsy, be careful, and watch it lift out. DONT LEAVE ON TOO LONG!!!! then recolor either yourself or at salon. put just on roots for 20 or so mins, then put on rest of hair for 5 or 10 mins. Hope this helps!!!

Closed Thread