It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
What's your favorite primer?

Just wondering, saw QVC this week or HSN and saw Laura's Geller's spackle again.It's so expensive, anything else that works well and is cheaper? I have used the Avon one and it breaks me out sometimes.Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

memawof3 HB User
Re: What's your favorite primer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran'sNana View Post
Just wondering, saw QVC this week or HSN and saw Laura's Geller's spackle again.It's so expensive, anything else that works well and is cheaper? I have used the Avon one and it breaks me out sometimes.Thanks!
i have used laura gellers primer too, and its good, but i have found that there are many kinds out there that are less expensive...
i have used sally hansens by carmindy and its good for about 10.00
i have also used revlons primer, and thats good, about 10.00
i try to wait until that have bogo free at cvs or walgreens..
bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

memawof3 HB User

Quote:
i have used laura gellers primer too, and its good, but i have found that there are many kinds out there that are less expensive...
i have used sally hansens by carmindy and its good for about 10.00
i have also used revlons primer, and thats good, about 10.00
i try to wait until that have bogo free at cvs or walgreens..
bren

Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

Thanks Bren I was wondering about the Revlon one, they don't sell the Carmindy makeup at my cvs, I guess it's too small. How about the new one by Loreal, it comes in a jar?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
(female)

memawof3 HB User

Quote:
Thanks Bren I was wondering about the Revlon one, they don't sell the Carmindy makeup at my cvs, I guess it's too small. How about the new one by Loreal, it comes in a jar?
i have been meaning to try that one!!
seems to have great reviews!
if you use it, post your review of it!!!!
bren

Old 07-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I bought Hard Candy's primer for about $7 and love it! It comes in a squeeze tube and makes my skin feel amazing before putting on makeup. I have acne-prone skin and this does NOT make me break out. It helps soften my skin and also does help prevent oiliness a bit more, but isn't drying. I only have to use a pea-sized amount for the full face. I bought this at Walmart. Remember, many stores do accept returns on beauty products these days, so save your receipt just in case you try something and it doesn't work for you! I also like to search online for reviews on products and read what others thought. It's very helpful!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks T...hey I remember you said you were getting married the end of last year,how's married life and thanks for the info! I like to read reviews too, usually on makeupalley.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #8
(female)

hereinmyhead HB User

DHC has what's called "velvet skin coat"....you can only order from them online or through their catalog, but being the cosmetics junkie that I am, I've tried everything...then always end up going back to DHC. I used to love Agnes B. products, but they're not sold in the US anymore, so that's too much of a pain in the rear end to bother with for me.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
(female)

memawof3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
I bought Hard Candy's primer for about $7 and love it! It comes in a squeeze tube and makes my skin feel amazing before putting on makeup. I have acne-prone skin and this does NOT make me break out. It helps soften my skin and also does help prevent oiliness a bit more, but isn't drying. I only have to use a pea-sized amount for the full face. I bought this at Walmart. Remember, many stores do accept returns on beauty products these days, so save your receipt just in case you try something and it doesn't work for you! I also like to search online for reviews on products and read what others thought. It's very helpful!
thanks!!!!
bren

Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Thanks T...hey I remember you said you were getting married the end of last year,how's married life and thanks for the info! I like to read reviews too, usually on ***.
It is wonderful! Thanks for asking I like to read the reviews on there too! Very helpful!

Hm I have not heard of DHC! Trying out new stuff can be fun, especially after hearing it works well. I know the Hardy Candy stuff can sometimes be out of stock! Luckily I still have quite a bit left since you don't have to use much. It's good to have backup ideas

Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
(female)

Russie1027 HB User

Quote:
I buy my cosmetics from Sephora. I know certain brand can be pricey but I find you can't compare the quality.

My two favorite primers are:

1. Make Up Forever HD Primer
2. Any primer from Benefit

Both brands run around $30 but they are so light weight and my make up lasts all day!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User

I use primer by Smashbox. They call it "photo finish". I bought it for about $30.
They have a clear primer and also a color-corrector primer (which I didn't find really worked). It does what it says it will do as far as giving a nice, smooth base for under
foundation.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
(female)

memawof3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russie1027 View Post
I buy my cosmetics from Sephora. I know certain brand can be pricey but I find you can't compare the quality.

My two favorite primers are:

1. Make Up Forever HD Primer
2. Any primer from Benefit

Both brands run around $30 but they are so light weight and my make up lasts all day!
when i go to nashville tn to see my son, i plan to stop in ULTA to see what they have!
thanks
bren

Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
(female)

Russie1027 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by memawof3 View Post
when i go to nashville tn to see my son, i plan to stop in ULTA to see what they have!
thanks
bren
Great! Let me know what you find!

Closed Thread