It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

Patsy70 HB User
Aging Skin help

My husband is 92 years old and his skin is thin, very very sensitive, and looks more bruised than anything. Is there a product out there that can help his skin. We have tried every brand of moisturizer, but they don't really seem to do much. His arms look red and scaly and his legs look like patches of big bruises. Is there a product that can help?

Old 07-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
(female)

memawof3 HB User
Re: Aging Skin help

hello patsy..
i would check with his doctor about him taking some suppliments such as omega 3 fish oil for the skin..
i dont think lotions hurt any, may be good for kis skin, but he may need more than lotions...
you might want to add some olive oil to his bath water, just a small amount will help!
let me know how it goes!
bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
(female)

Patsy70 HB User

bren,
Thanks for the tips. I do give him Omega 3 fish oil and have for several years. The tip about olive oil to the bath water is a good one, thank you. I have to say though, asking a doctor about supplements is usually not something that works. Most of the doctors we have had just tell us you can get everything you need from food. But, I really have never listened to them on that subject, so we do take a variety of supplements. I will try the olive oil, and hope for some good results. Thank you for your response.
Patsy

Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

memawof3 HB User

iam so glad i could help you a little patsy..
good luck!
bren

Old 07-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

You could try a hair skin and nails type vitamin. Does he take Coumadin? This can cause the bruising of the skin.

Closed Thread