It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

dalila1981 HB User
best primer for oily skin/large pores

What is the best primer that can be put over moisturizer to help with oily skin and cover large pores? Ive tried a few but they always make me feel like I have too mucg crap on my face or they are very heavy and shiny. Im looking fir a very lightweight primer to help me out that over moisturizer and powder on top diesnt look or feel heavy or shiny or greasy or gooey. Thanks for the help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
(female)

Russie1027 HB User
Re: best primer for oily skin/large pores

The POREfessional by Benefit is my new fav. I have the same skin as you're describing and this stuff is very light weight and really minimizes my pores!

Let me know what you end up going with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
(female)

Been Thru Hell HB User

Oil control primer by Bare Minerals. I use it before makeup on brides. Good Luck!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

I use sephora brand primer. I feel like it works better after I put on my foundation. I don't rub it in, I just put it on my fingers and pat it on the areas that have large pores and wrinkles, it seems to fill it in, works much better this way.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

punkmarkgirl HB User

The problem with most primers is that they are a thick gel consistency and contain silicone. This is what makes them feel heavy and gooey Ė they are awful for oily skin, and work better on dry skin. Try a powder primer instead. The best one Iíve found is called Mattify! Ultra powder for Oily Skin, and you can apply it once your moisturizer has dried. It keeps the shine away for several hours, helps makeup last a long time, and conceals pores. Also, it feels very light and prevents your foundation from sinking in to pores and causing breakouts. You can use it on top of your foundation too, for extra oil control and a flawless finish. My skin is INSANELY oily and this powder has helped so much. Bare Minerals or Escentuals has something similar, called a mineral veil, but it doesnít work well on oily skin. They put shiny ingredients in it, and it makes your face look all greasy. The Mattify! Powder is totally matte and doesnít make you look oily. It costs around $12, just type Mattify Cosmetics into your search bar to find it.

The Following User Says Thank You to punkmarkgirl For This Useful Post:
vboot (09-13-2011)
Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User

Also, it depends on whether you use a waterbased or oilbased makeup. When I use my makeup forever matte velvet foundation, I have to use a waterbased primer, like Korres primer. If you try and use a silicone based primer like smashbox with a waterbased foundation then you will just end up rubbing off the primer as you put on the foundation. You will know because as you put on the foundation on top, you will get pieces of primer coming off as you rub on foundation. Good luck.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
(female)

fashionfemme05 HB User

I personally love the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Mineral or the Oil free one. I have tried the Bare Escentuals one as well and it was really good especially in my teens. The Laura Mercier one is worth it though, I buy it online from Fresh Fragrances and its about $53 (or a bit less with the discount).

Old 10-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

I like Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Primer. The one I buy is green. It makes my face soft so my foundation goes on smoothly. My face is oily and I find it helps with that too. I get it at Sephora.

Closed Thread