It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

bailey414 HB User
hydrogen peroxide in my hair

so my hair is died black and i dont like it anymore but the saying once u go black u never go back is right i have tried dying it 4 times and it just died my roots what do i do? maybe hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes just to lighten it a little?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: hydrogen peroxide in my hair

All you have to do is get some hair dye with bleach in it, like bleach blonde, & it will strip that color right out. But the bleach kits are harsh on your hair. I am not fond of the color of that, I'd recommend using another shade of blonde afterwards. Other colors (non-bleach kits) you should never go past 2 shades with your hair, so if you do it that way, just get a medium or light brown for now, and just work your way back to blonde, if that is the color your trying to achieve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

I know it's expensive, but you should go to a salon and have it done professionally. Anything that you try to do at home is going to severely damage your hair and you'll end up having to cut it super short to start all over again.

I went in to cover my roots and the girl dyed it far too dark. I'm dark blonde but she made it dark brown. It was really upsetting because I was trying to get it back to my natural color as much as possible. I ended up going to another salon with a colorist who sat down with me to come up with a plan how to gradually bring it back to natural and she has done a great job. It has cost a little money but for me, it's worth it to preserve my hair and not cause it to break and get damaged.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

I agree about going to the salon for help with your hair. At home remedies can really be damaging and you might regret the hydrogen peroxide. I think that would bleach too much. Be careful

Old 11-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

NO!!! Do not put hydrogen peroxide in your hair! DRYING, DRYING, DRYING....Actualy anything you do from this point is going to be drying...but that is the worst....Get a lighter color blonde...expect it to come out a lighter brown and it may contain some reddish tone...but don't put hydrogen peroxide in your hair.
Or...spend 80 dollars to have highlights put in professionally at a salon.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

You don't have to bleach your hair.There is a new great product that lifts out all artificial color and leave you with a clean slate to color it something else.

Color Oops by Developlus.It works by shrinking hair dye molecules so they can literally be washed out of your hair.
I have used it three times when I have dyed my hair too dark and it works really great.
The key is to rinse your hair as many times as possible (I try at least 5) and shampoo really,really well after using it.
It is VERY GENTLE,bleach and ammonia free and you can re color the same day!
It's sold at places such as Walgreens,and Rite aid.

Last edited by WhenItRains; 11-16-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

Oh jeez... people exaggerate way too much sometimes. Firstly, there IS a lot you can do to correct the color and it is not true that once you dye your hair black that it will stay that way forever. Don't try peroxide, it won't do you any good.
There are things you can do AT HOME that will fix this. I suggest you go to your nearest beauty supply store like Sally Beauty and purchase a product called the One 'n' Only Colorfix. This product is not bleach and will not damage your hair. It is designed to remove hair color leaving you with your natural hair color (unless your hair has been bleached). I used this product recently after dyeing my platinum blonde hair to a muddy dark blonde. I hated it and wanted to go back without bleaching. This product removed almost all the color and left me with a pretty beige blonde which is what I was trying to achieve in the first place.
So though this product may not remove ALL of the color that's in your hair, it will lighten your hair significantly so that you can correct it and dye over it with a different shade, or you can leave it as it is if you like it (I did).

So you can either do that or go to a salon and have someone fix it for you... though keep in mind that it may cost up to $250 to correct it at a salon while the product I mentioned costs $14.

Closed Thread