It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

samteri HB User
Smile foundation

Hello guys

I just need some advice or a little quick tip. My skin is average, i have black heads, get the odd pimple, blemish. It's not perfect, but not totally awful. I like to think I have combination skin for it could be overly dry or totally oily.

I use tersaseptic soap mixed with baking soda twice a day. It makes my skin feel tight & clean, then i apply tea tree cream afterwards to keep it smooth & give it some moisture. Tea tree is also good for acne.

I usually don't wear foundation, but there are times when I wanna dress up & look flawless. My problem is my face gets soo shiny. I would apply barely any foundation on, & a few hours later, my skin is oily & shiny. Even without it on my face gets shiny. How do I rid of this?

Thanks!!

Last edited by samteri; 11-05-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
(female)

luvmakeup1000 HB User
Re: foundation

First you need to make sure you are wearing a foundation that is suited for your skin type. You should be wearing a foundation for oily skin and that should help. Also, some people have really oily skin and also will put a mattifier on their skin before foundation and that helps also. There are lots of foundations made specifically for oily skin, not sure if you are looking for drugstore or dept store kinds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

MzNANAz HB User

hello....im not sure what u can do in general but with makeup there are some primers that u use for long lasting results and no shine or foundations that are for matte looks including powders you'll just need to find whats best for u...hope i was at least a bit of help

Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
(female)

ST22 HB User

A good primer is smashbox photo finish light. Also you can get a mattifying powder to put on throughout the day and oil blotter sheets to use during the day as well. You might want to try a different face wash since it seems like that one is too harsh for you. Your face shouldn't feel tight after you get done washing it. Clinique has a gel moisturizer that is pretty good and is for combination oily skin. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread