It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

biggigg HB User
Excessive oily skin

Hi there

I have this big problem of excessive oily skin. My face turns blotted due to excssive oil secration...is there anything i could do for it ...please help.....

Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
(female)

Miracle08 HB User
Re: Excessive oily skin

Try a mattifier after you wash your face in the morning. You can wear it under your makeup or just by itself and it will control the oil production all day. Murad makes one that is really good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
(female)

ccd20 HB User

I would definitely recommend hitting up your local drug store first. They make special face washes and blotting sheets for oily skin, but be sure to try more than one brand. Just because one brand doesn't work for you doesn't mean that others won't.

But, assuming that you've already tried the typical over-the-counter solutions, you may want to see a dermatologist. They can prescribe medication that prevents oiliness. I used to be on prescription retinoids and they helped a lot.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Blotting sheets, blotting sheets, blotting sheets! These things are lifesavers and truly are what work best for me. I go through them very fast, but they are a must have for me. I highly recommend the little blue blotting sheets that Clean & Clear makes. They're about $5 and you just wipe up the oil on your skin with them. I have used blotting papers and they help too, but the blue plastic-like sheets work much better for me. I might see a tiny bit of my foundation come off, but it doesn't mess it up at all.

I went on the pill and my skin was slightly less oily and I wasn't breaking out as bad. I also used to overuse acne products and put those 10% benzoyl peroxide creams all over my face. Bad idea! It backfired and my skin got even more oily. Now I just use a gentle gel face wash, which still gets my makeup off and gets the oil away without overdrying, and I use a moisturizing acne treatment by Neutrogena (from their acne stress control line), just in my acne-prone areas. Then I use a light moisturizer around my eyes. The moisturizing acne product does help control some oil, but I still need to use those sheets, especially around lunch time. I make sure to buy makeup that will work for my combination skin, since some comes off very easily on oily areas (if that happens, I keep some makeup in my purse for a mid-day touch-up). It all sounds pretty basic, but my skin has been much better than when I used way too many harsh products.

I have used some oil control products and none of them made a big difference for me, so I just use regular ones for now that treat mild acne, more to prevent it since I occasionally will break out from stress/hormones. If you haven't used any though, definitely look into it and give them a try. And the $5 blotting sheets are very much worth it! Some places even make a generic version of them (Walgreens or CVS does) and they work well too.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

spauno HB User

Hi. Things which i want to suggest for you are to replenish your body with lots of water,Clean your face at least twice a day,do not apply any kind of lotion or cream and use aloe Vera gel at night. This will surely help you to get rid of the problem of oily skin.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
(female)

FullbodyRSD HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
Blotting sheets, blotting sheets, blotting sheets! These things are lifesavers and truly are what work best for me. I go through them very fast, but they are a must have for me. I highly recommend the little blue blotting sheets that Clean & Clear makes. They're about $5 and you just wipe up the oil on your skin with them. I have used blotting papers and they help too, but the blue plastic-like sheets work much better for me. I might see a tiny bit of my foundation come off, but it doesn't mess it up at all.

I went on the pill and my skin was slightly less oily and I wasn't breaking out as bad. I also used to overuse acne products and put those 10% benzoyl peroxide creams all over my face. Bad idea! It backfired and my skin got even more oily. Now I just use a gentle gel face wash, which still gets my makeup off and gets the oil away without overdrying, and I use a moisturizing acne treatment by Neutrogena (from their acne stress control line), just in my acne-prone areas. Then I use a light moisturizer around my eyes. The moisturizing acne product does help control some oil, but I still need to use those sheets, especially around lunch time. I make sure to buy makeup that will work for my combination skin, since some comes off very easily on oily areas (if that happens, I keep some makeup in my purse for a mid-day touch-up). It all sounds pretty basic, but my skin has been much better than when I used way too many harsh products.

I have used some oil control products and none of them made a big difference for me, so I just use regular ones for now that treat mild acne, more to prevent it since I occasionally will break out from stress/hormones. If you haven't used any though, definitely look into it and give them a try. And the $5 blotting sheets are very much worth it! Some places even make a generic version of them (Walgreens or CVS does) and they work well too.
And you think that this is the only option for her?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullbodyRSD View Post
And you think that this is the only option for her?
Sorry, but I don't understand your question. I wrote about pretty much my entire skin-care routine, so I didn't really mention one particular thing. If you let me know, I can clarify. Thanks!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

whitemore55 HB User

In my opinion you only use a lot of water. After sometimes you wash your face and drink water how much you can.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

whitemore55 HB User

Oily skin has a lot of problem in summer. My skin is also oily so i know what are the problem with it. You can do one thing that you can wash your face with a lot of water after some times. then the oily problem will be less. In this matter no other suggestion.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 AM   #10
(female)

kdwt HB User

I had the exact same problem. I used the blotting sheets...all day long!!! They work but they also removed my makeup with them. I found a tip on another web site that I tried and I saw it posted in an earlier post here. Aloe Vera!!!! But with a twist. After you have washed your face in the morning, before you put on your moisturizer, use a little over a dime size amount and rub this all over you face. STAY AWAY FROM THE UNDER EYE AREA! The Aloe is very drying, to drying for this area. Let this dry for a minute. Then lather on your moisturizer! The more the better. When I first tried this I couldn't believe it. I have the oiliest skin around. I have tried every product out there, nothing worked. Now I can go all day long, no shine! The only thing I do during the day is touch up my lipstick and mascara at lunch time. Before I was constantly using my press powders to help control the shine and using the blotting sheets. By the end of the day my makeup looked cakey and awful! Now it looks fresh all day. The Aloe is very drying so be generous with your moisturizer, but let the Aloe dry before you apply your moisturizer. Try it! It really was a life changer for me!!! You can buy it at any drug store. It cheap also. A tube last for what seems like forever.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 AM   #11
(male)

ClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB UserClearSkinRomy HB User

Try using jojoba oil to moisturize your face in the morning.

It might sound weird to put oil on an oily face, but jojoba oil is very similar to the oil our sebaceous glands produce, and by applying it on your face you will trick your oil glands into not producing oil.

You can find 100% natural jojoba oil at a health food store. Apply it in the morning, as a moisturizer.. let it absorb for a few minutes (it might take longer at first), but you will get used to it.

you will be amazed by the results.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
(female)

Correctusage HB User
Wink Re: Excessive oily skin

I'm sure most of you have heard about this, but if not - Try applying plain flavored Milk of Magnesia to your oily areas prior to makeup. Many people claim it keeps their skin oil free all day long, but for me, it keeps it matte for a few hours longer than usual. It also helps smooth the look of your pores a bit.

Lately I ditched the MoM, ditched the mineral powder makeup I'd been using because it accentuated my pores, even though it was marketed for my oily skin type, and have been using a drugstore liquid foundation created for combination/oily skin and that has really helped. I never believed a makeup, especially a liquid, could have any affect on my skin, but it has. So now I wash my face, apply a benzoyl peroxide acne treatment, apply moisturizer/sunscreen, apply the foundation, and apply pressed powder and voila. Not oil free forever, but lasts a while and the foundation really stays on. Apparently the difference is dramatic because my boyfriend has been telling me I look pretty a lot lately! Lol

Old 03-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
(female)

Lucky Scrunchy HB User

I wonder if there is a moisturizer out there that has aloe vera in it, wouldn't it eliminate a step. Anyway, thanks for the advice. My skin is scary oiley and I go through the blotting sheets like crazy and HATE the way my makeup looks like at the end of the day.

Is the aloe vera a gel?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
(female)

gullahgullah HB Usergullahgullah HB Usergullahgullah HB User

Several things work for me and have been using them for years.

Water, water, water.

Oatmeal soap or goats milk soap, no fragrance or additives, either one will do.

Exfolliate the face with an ayate cloth a couple of times a week or use something similar.

I cannot use any products on my face that has fragrances, detergents, alcohol, etc.

My mother-inlaw shared the above with me over 30 years ago.

All of the above are natural.

Closed Thread