It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User
Good mascara that doesn't get on contacts?

Hi Everyone!
I got new contacts cause the old ones were making my eyes drier than usual. These new ones are supposed to have more water in them or they don't dry out like my old ones. The problem is it seems mascara seems to blur them. I have to take them out, rinse them and try again. I have the Maybelline purple new one and forget it, it immediately gets on them! (it says water resistent)I take them out and there's black flecks on them. Even some waterproof ones do it, I don't get it.This seemed to not happen when I had my old contacts,except for the being not moist enough, I didn't have this problem.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: Good mascara that doesn't get on contacts?

Maybelline is terrible mascara - in my opinion. I have used L'Oreal for years with no problems. BTW: I read somewhere that waterproof mascara is supposedly bad for your lashes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

I don't think I ever wore L'Oreal mascara. I did make a mistake though about the kind. It's the CoverGirl lash blast fusion that I recently bought and gets on my contacts. I think I didn't read anything on it that said hypo allergenic or safe for contact wearers. I shouldn't have bought it. I don't buy Maybelline either usually. I wore contacts for years and this has only happened really, since I switched brands and the kind of contact.My eyes have been much drier lately and that's why the switch. Thanks though for the advice about L'Oreal.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

As one who wears contact lenses, I've tried hundreds of different mascaras, the current one I like best is Kiss Me by Blinc.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks hon, I'll look into that one too.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
(female)

demaura HB User

I have the same contacts you describe. I use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, and not the waterproof one, because I have found that the film on my contacts was caused by the mascara remover, not the mascara.

2 suggestions: don't use a mineral-oil based eye makeup remover, because overnight some of the oil can still be in your eyes and fog up your contacts the next morning. Also, after you put on your mascara, with clean fingers, wipe the your finger across the upper & lower lash bases to remove any film or mascara. (I don't recommend using a Qtip for this, because it might leave behind stray cotton fibers that will make their way into your eyes. Ouch!)

Old 08-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the tip, I don't use oil based makeup removers but I can see how this could leave a film. With me, my eyes are fine till after I put the mascara on, then if this happens, if I take them out, you can see the black flecks on them. I usually use eye drops for dry eyes after I take off my makeup too so I don't think it's eye makeup remover. I'll try running my finger over them though, that might help. Sometimes lately, I put the blow dryer on cool and aim them at my eyelashes while my eyes are looking down, crazy, huh? What we women go through! Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #8
(female)

demaura HB User

Lol - never thought of using the hair dryer on my lashes!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

yeah, I actually read a post once where some lady was putting the blow dryer on the heat setting and curling her lashes up with it! I tried that once and said,"this is kinda stupid!" LOL!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

I use the new Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara. I don't use any type of make up remover, I wash my face with my Obagi or Cetephil cleanser and use a washcloth and the mascara comes off. In the morning I put my mascara on before I put my contacts in. I don't notice any residue on my contacts anymore.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for the info about the mascara Sanybelle but I'm afraid I can't see good enough to put my makeup on before contacts! LOL! Sometimes I do take them out after, rinse them and put them back in, this helps too if I'm having one of those days. I have been using a cheap waterproof mascara, NYC and it doesn't get on the lenses. I have to have kind of a "dry" mascara, if it's too wet, forget it, that's why I had to dump the Covergirl lash blast fusion. Nice mascara but too "wet."

Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
(female)

daisy456 HB User

Not mascara can give you contact lenses , you have to use different thing for this.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran'sNana View Post
yeah, I actually read a post once where some lady was putting the blow dryer on the heat setting and curling her lashes up with it! I tried that once and said,"this is kinda stupid!" LOL!
I actually do something similar; however, I heat up my eyelash curler with my blow dryer, test it first to make sure it's not to warm -- then I use it on my lashes. Works real well for me, and if you do it correctly -- it doesn't hurt at all.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes! I do that on occasion too..it does make the curl last but like you said you have to be careful!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
(female)

sunkissed89 HB User

i always use Merle Norman's mascaras, but with them being so expensive and all, ive switched and i use CoverGirl's Falsies mascara..its supposed to make your eye lashes really full and long looking, but they do have other kinds. it never burns my eyes and the few times i have worn contacts for special events to which i didnt want to have my glasses on, it didnt blur my eyes/contacts or burn or anything.

Closed Thread