It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
How do you ger rid .....

Of these little white bumps like black heads, but they never come to a head.....not a pimple either.........just annoying as h#ll...............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
(female)

Stinaxsays HB User
Re: How do you ger rid .....

Are they hard? When you squeeze them nothing really comes out and it hurts a lot? I have them too. If I try to get them out by squeezing my skin just gets red. My aunt does it for me, she gets a needle (bad I know!) and poke the tip of the skin, kind of like a opening. She squeezes, and a small white bead comes out. I want to get rid of them permanently but, there isnt a way, not that I know of. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Stinaxsays For This Useful Post:
himmylover (08-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Hi,

YES, that is just what they are...........just annoying ........errrrrrrrrrr.......especially where they can be seen...........I just don't want to scar myself.............

Thank you..................for the info...........

Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

To avoid scarring, don't squeeze. Instead, get an extractor tool. It's a little wire loop that you press over the hole you've made with the needle. The loop applies pressure evenly around the bump so that the little white sebum plug pops right out with no damage to the surrounding tissue. Squeezing breaks skin cells and causes inflammation and swelling that leads to scarring. Avoid squeezing! Use an extractor.

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to esker For This Useful Post:
himmylover (08-01-2011)
Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you,

May I ask where can you get one? Or does a doctor have to do it?

Thank you kindly.

D!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

You can buy these at the drugstore or pharmacy and do it yourself. Sterilize a needle with rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Or buy some sterilized lancets while you are at the pharmacy. Like they use to stab your finger to get a drop of blood. Diabetics use them. The lancets are very convenient because they are made with a tab to hold with your fingers and the needle is very tiny and sharp so it works better and is hardly painful at all.

There are many different brands and types of extraction tools so the one you get may not look exactly like mine. In fact I tried several until I got this one that I like the best. Some of the cheap ones are just stamped metal with a hole drilled in the middle. I prefer the fine wire loop.

If you don't want to do extractions yourself and have the money to spend, then, yes, you could go to a dermatologist or see an aesthetician at a salon. I went to the Elizabeth Grady salons for many years and they are very good. I don't know if you have them in your area. Every aesthetician at Elizabeth Grady goes through the same training program so you can go to any salon and know what to expect. At age 35 I had severe adult acne and wow they really helped me a lot. But someone else had to tell me to go because as a man it never ocurred to me to go to a salon but it turns out they have lots of male clients.

Last edited by esker; 08-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to esker For This Useful Post:
himmylover (08-01-2011)
Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Now if I can just figure out what one looks like, I might be OK.......LOL..

Thanks...........

Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Here's a better picture:

Last edited by Scott_HB; 08-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratts, it will NOT let me open it........??????

Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Darn it NO, it is like their is an attachment but won't let me open it up like nothing i s there??~

Closed Thread