It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

momofkaylie HB User
Need advice on Hair Color

Hello everyone ! I am new here and had a question regarding coloring my hair. I am a natural blonde with pale skin (with I think pink or red undertones), greyish-blue eyes and non visible eyebrows and eyelashes (they are very pale colored).

I have fixed the problem of my eyebrows by tinting them a darker color and I am happy with that, and of course just use mascara for my eyelashes. My hair color is an ash blonde color. The reason I want to color it is because (1) I feel like my natural color washes me out, and (2) my hair dresser said I am starting to get white hairs (I am 40 years old), but that so far they aren't really noticeable in my hair right now since my hair is light.

I am wondering if I would look better in a different color.

Thank you for any advice you can give me !

Last edited by Administrator; 09-24-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: posting an identifing photo is not permitted.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Re: Need advice on Hair Color

If you go darker your hair will be a distraction and take away from you facial figures. I say stay with blond. Pink high lights remind me of Kool-Aid for some reason. I think getting blonder high lights will help freshening up your hair texture. Also if you go darker you would have to keep up with the coloring constantly, to keep the grays at bay.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

I think high light or low light would look great! I don't know the maintence to care for it would be but it is an idea.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User

Also color dirty hair. For some reason clean hair does not hold the color.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User

Why not try a rinse in several shades close to your color but a little darker. I am very fair complected and had real blond hair when I weaved it. I am so happy not to be weaving anymore. The rinses help cover grays & my gray hair really looks blond especially with the rinses. I color my hair about once every two months to get more of a solid color into it, but the rinses have saved me big time, not only with money but they help cover and make it easy for me to try different shades. They rinse out when you wash anyway. Good luck. I have looked at pictures of myself with it the light blond and now a little darker & I look younger & not so washed out compared to when it was lighter.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB UserBran'sNana HB User

Hi! It seems to me when my hair is too ashy it washes me out. I have hazel eyes, light complexion with red/pink undertones too. If my hair is more honey colored it makes me look better, I think anyway, it adds more warmth to your complexion.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #7
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

Rinses can also help with frizz. For blondes... going a bit darker can add warmth to the complexion yeah, and many blondes become naturally darker over the years.

Will blonder highlights make thin , coarse hair look better on a very short pixie cut? or if keeping the hair length but going a shade or two lighter what to keep in mind if wanting to get some hair extensions/weaves- any specific pointers ?

Going to a good stylist is important. I had this experience once where I asked for some neon blue highlights on one side. maybe this woman was inexperienced orwhatever as she ended up giving all these highlights scattered all over where I never asked for and in this washed out greenish tone. ughh what a mess,andso upsetting!

Last edited by stasis4; 06-01-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Closed Thread