It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
(female)

Peaches567 HB User
Unhappy Dark complexion

I used to have fair complexion but when I shifted to a south-Asian country my skin got dull so dull that i now seem like i naturally have dark complexion , my arms,face and neck are all brown but my legs r still fair and by fair i mean quite fair.I don't go anywhere 'cause I don't look good,I don't attend parties and all just because of this ,please help me I'll be really grateful to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Dark complexion

You could wear more covering outdoors: long sleeves, brimmed hat, sunscreen etc. If you are fair skinned, the tropical sun isn't good for you in the long run anyway.

Or, just look into cosmetic products that look good with the skin you have! Many cultures consider tanned an attractive look!

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
Peaches567 (10-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

Peaches567 HB User

I do wear full sleeves n all but it is of no help to my skin now my arms have become so dark now even the full sleeves don't help.I used garnier light but it felt like my skin got more dull.Unfortunately the culture i live in always prefer white color as if the tanned ones are aliens.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
(female)

Dollface8x3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches567 View Post
I do wear full sleeves n all but it is of no help to my skin now my arms have become so dark now even the full sleeves don't help.I used garnier light but it felt like my skin got more dull.Unfortunately the culture i live in always prefer white color as if the tanned ones are aliens.
Let me just say, I feel your pain. I'm multiracial, but I went to a school where everyone was either full on black or white. I was an outcast if there ever was one. lol I've accepted it and love my uncommon skin now. I'm sure you're very beautiful WHATEVER color you are. We're all aliens depending on the backdrop.

What really worries me is that maybe all of the sun has made your skin unhealthy. Start wearing sunblock, and maybe exfoliate? I'm in college so I don't have a lot of money to spend on stuff, what I do when my skin is dull is I mix: 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoon of honey, and 3 tablespoon of olive oil and gently exfoliate my skin, no more than twice a week. I love to use vitamin E or aloe vera on my skin to moisturize everyday. Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dollface8x3 For This Useful Post:
Peaches567 (11-18-2011)
Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
(female)

Peaches567 HB User

Hey thanks a lot ,it really made feel better.I hope ur tip works,thanks again hun... xoxo

Closed Thread