It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

linda417 HB User
Looking for powder makeup/sensitive skin

I am trying to find a loose powder makeup that won't irritate my sensitive/rosacea type skin. It seems that all the new mineral makeups cause my face to become red, sore, and sting. I used to use a product called Lavera, which was excellent; but they have now changed their formulation and I'm not able to wear it at all. I am also looking for homemade recipes for loose powder. Has anyone tried rice powder or silk powder? I tried dusting kaolin clay and tapioca flour on my face, but it was too drying. I'm just looking for a simple loose powder to make my skin look nice.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
(male)

marcuskp HB User
Re: Looking for powder makeup/sensitive skin

The best tip for choosing a loose powder for sensitive skin would be to choose a hypo-allergenic product. Sensitive skin can have allergic reactions to cosmetics and fragrances so a hypo-allergenic powder will decrease the chances for a reaction. La Bella Donna Loose Mineral Foundation is a soft mineral face powder that contains SPF 20 and doesn't clog your pores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread