It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

philip385 HB User
Irritated edges of lips

Hi, I've slowly developed this condition over the past year or so, where there is a thin red line above my upper lip, right at the vermilion border. I have gone to several doctors including a dermatologist, and a dentist; and no one seems to know what it is.
I've tried antibiotics, anti fungal cream, steroid cream, several chapsticks, natural oil, vaseline.. ive tried everything and i still have this sporadic burning around my lips. The lips themselves aren't too chapped, although i think I've been using too much chapstick for the last few years, so I recently went off it cold turkey. I've heard that if you use too much, your lips stop producing their own moisture.

It's not from licking my lips, or lack of chapstick.. it's something much more obscure. Trust me, I've spent hours and hours researching it. I probably know more about lip conditions than most doctors at this point. And Im still clueless!

Has anyone been through this, and found a solution?
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
(female)

jamesy1234 HB User
Re: Irritated edges of lips

i had a red line on the outter of my top lip yesterday actually, from walking in the blistering cold 7 in tghe morning. and after i noticed it i put the cirular little containor of carmex (3.00 i believe at the most) and it iumproved the next day i hope i could help !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

I had a similar problem, though not exactly the same. It turned out I had a vitamin deficiency of some kind. Eating more fruits and vegetables got rid of it quickly.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
(female)

rumorwild HB Userrumorwild HB User

I had the same thing a couple of times and practially overdosed on chapstick. One day I put cortisone creme on my lips and they finally cleared up. Hope this helps or you find something that does.

Closed Thread

Tags
burning, chapped, upper lip