It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

lindsay2156 HB User
Waxing issue or something more?

Hi! I'm not sure if I am in the right place but I am concerned about an area on my face..

I have developed a discoloration around my mouth in one patch. At first, I thought it was possibly a burn from an esthetician using too hot of wax when waxing my upper lip and going down too far ( the mark is on the side of my mouth not my upper lip.) When carefully examining the area it is evident that there is no hair in that patch and that all around it the rest of my face has hair. It is hard to notice without makeup but with makeup for some reason ( I guess cause there is no hair there?) it is extremely noticeable. Will this be back to normal once hair grows back there? Is this just a case of them waxing too far down and taking away normal face hair that should be there or is there something else going on??? thanks!!!!

ps. have used polysporin, vitamin e oil and eczema cream thus far and no luck - occured about 2-3 weeks ago.

thanks so much!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB Userjillian4 HB User
Re: Waxing issue or something more?

Hi

I can't say for sure, but since there is no normal hair I think it is likely from the hair removal process and it may grow back. I would be sure to ask them to be more careful next time. Or do the hair removal myself.

Let us know if it does grow back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

shotty HB User
Re: Waxing issue or something more?

So, you have tried elodel? It's for ecsema but you have to use it 2 times a day and you could notice a difference in about a week.

Closed Thread