It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Hyacinthe609 HB User
Unhappy Sunspot Removal... Help!

Hi...I just posted this on another skin-related board, but maybe someone here can also help me since this is sort of a cosmetic question too.

So...about 10 days ago I went to my dermatologist, who froze (cryotherapy) about 12 sunspots on my shoulder that came from two sunburns that I had years ago.

I asked the dr. freezing would remove sunspots and if so, if it would leave scars. He said that it would remove the sunspots with no scarring. I was very excited about that, thinking, how great! My skin will look so much better.

Well, it's 10 days later and the areas he froze have not healed. The sunspots are much bigger and darker than they were, the skin around them are red, and I have seen no sign of change. (Despite anxiously checking about twice per day). So now I'm really worried that this isn't going to heal! It looks so horrible right now.

I called the doctor's office and spoke with a nurse who assured me that the sunspots will "peel off" in 2-3 weeks. I would like to believe that, but because I have seen no healing whatsoever thus far, I'm very nervous.

Have any of you had cryotherapy (freezing/liquid nitrogen)for sunspots, and can you share your experience with me? How long did the healing take for you? Did the sunspots really peel off?

At this point, I'm ready to go to the doctor and ask him to just cut them off! At least I know that a cut will heal in about 7-10 days...but leave scars, probably.

Any help you can give me will be appreciated! THANK YOU!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

STLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB UserSTLouisgal HB User
Re: Sunspot Removal... Help!

Hi. I am sorry no one replied. I am thinking of having some spots frozen off or spot treated in some way. How do the treated spots look now? Is there any discoloration or do they pretty much blend in with your normal skin? Thanks for your input!

Reply Reply