It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

whatswrongwith HB User
Legs never smooth after shaving OR waxing!

I give up.

I'm 20, and ever since I started shaving I've never really had good results.
For context: I have very pale skin and very dark/think hair on my legs.

When I try to shave, I never get a completely close shave (all it takes is a little cool breeze to give me goose-bumps: black spikes out of my legs). Also, since my skin in a little sensitive I also get razor burn instantly. Actually, my stubble causes irritation on my legs the second it starts growing (which is pretty much right away).

So, now I'm trying waxing. I had my second treatment a few days ago - and yup, like before, stubbly and my legs are covered with red bumps. To top it off, since my hair is so thick and dark I also have 5 o'clock shadow going on.

Is there anyone who has this problem? And how do you deal with it?
I've heard that waxing can take a while to really get the best results (as in, actually smooth skin for once in my life) - is this true?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Legs never smooth after shaving OR waxing!

Do you shave up or down? Up will give you worse results than down. Watch how men shave and you'll see.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Invest in shaving cream and a decent razor. Dont use disposables. Waxing is much more irritating than shaving and if yoy are as sensitive as you say, its not going to ever work for you.
Shave your legs in the shower or bath, after the steam has had a chance to soften the hair. Use a new blade and shaving cream....and shave along the growth of the hair. Usually down, not up. I think you will find this helpful.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

I use an epilator. I love it. I personally wouldn't use anything else! I currently have the Braun Silk Epil 7. It's as if it came to me straight from heaven in a white basket full of kittens. I use it everywhere. Best part is I've got a bunch of patches of hair that's stopped growing. My hair has now grown back lighter and thinner. From what I understand the difference between waxing and epilating is that waxing is harder on the hair. It's lays the hair flat. When pulled, chances are you aren't going to pull the hair out completely by the root. Epilating is like tweezing. Sometimes it clips the hair if you buy a bad model or you go too fast. Thankfully I've bought a good one. Pulls it right out.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

Lazer treatments are so expensive. Not to mention they aren't painless either.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I have had 8 treatments on my legs with laser hair removal. I havent shaved my entire leg in over 6 months now! Its worth every cent I have spent on it.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
(female)

bella7734 HB User

Solution to your problem is avoid waxing or shaving and try laser hair removal treatment.Laser hair removal is better because it produce permanent reduction in their hair. Laser hair removal is safe and FDA approved. You need only 3-6 sessions in laser hair removal for desired results.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #8
(female)

bella7734 HB User

Sofia

Yes i totally agree with you. For long lasting results form laser hair removal Avoid removing hair by the roots (tweezing, waxing, etc) for at least 6 weeks before your treatment.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #9
(female)

Tionna HB User

Also you can exfoliate before you shave. This will give you a close shave.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #10
(female)

Valentina12 HB User

Aside from the laser treatment, I would highly recommend a good scrub before you ever start shaving. This is going to exfoliate your skin and make sure that your hairs have no place to hide from the razor. If you are concerned about getting the best results, make sure you use a fresh razor each time and you will certainly see a difference.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
(female)

Deaner50 HB User
Make your own sugar scrub using almond oil and pure sugar and pure lemon essential oil, put in mason jar keep in shower great for exfoliating skin and great to shave with. Do not let water get in jar will contaminate it. I sugar scrub my legs leave scrub on and shave legs rinse and repeat guarantee your legs will be smooth... Hope this works for you......

Reply Reply

Tags
hair removal, skin care