It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bell's Palsy Message Board

Diagnosed with Bell's Palsy 6 weeks ago

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #1
ZigZagD
(female)

ZigZagD HB User
Diagnosed with Bell's Palsy 6 weeks ago

Hi there. I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy six weeks ago, after about a week of a swollen and severely painful circumvillate papillae on the right side of my tongue. At exactly the same time that all pain from the papillae disappeared, i noticed the facial weakness. Overnight the right side of my face was completely paralyzed. Luckily that same day I already had an appointment with an ENT because of the papillae, and he diagnosed me with Bell's. He gave me antivirals to take for a week, and steroids for 10 days. It has been six weeks now, and I've had zero improvement. Did anyone else not see any improvement until later on, and still regain full or close to full function? Starting to worry.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
allig71
(female)

allig71 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with Bell's Palsy 6 weeks ago

Hi...I think it depends on the severity of the virus and how quick you got on the meds in regards to how fast recovery can and will happen. It could be as quick as a week or as long(or longer) as six months to see improvement. I've had bells 8 or 9 times...all different outcomes. I do have residual side effects....and have lost partial movement in the left side of my face permanently. PLEASE make sure you rest and lessen your stress...both physically and mentally. I find it's key in recovery. Look into physical therapy....some have had success with this. I hope I didn't alarm you....it is more likely to fully recover than not to from bells. Good luck...and stay rested!!

Reply Reply